The Business Intelligence team at Match isresponsibleprimarily for two things:
- Architect and engineer new data systems and reporting to help facilitate business decision making.
- Maintain and modify existing data systems that offer reporting based decision making.
The BI team is a service organization that caters and delivers reporting solutions to the entire Match Group enterprise. As part of the BI team, each individual holds a breadth of platform-agnostic knowledge and collaborates with other team members to provide enterprise level solutions for Marketing, Product, Finance, Accounting etc.
Our BI team is responsible not only for all aspects of transforming and delivering raw data into a presentable and actionable format, but they are also well versed in how key data points affect business decision making and help to provide an extra level of insight.
Being part of the BI team means being at the crossroads of both the business and the technology, and understanding of how both relate to each other is key.
What’s my day-to-day?
- Take complete projects through the entire lifecycle of collecting requirements, recommending and designing the appropriate solution, creating project plans with realistic estimates, writing SSIS and Stored Procedures, building reports, testing and deploying the code.
- Use your strong analytical skills, to maintain a high level of data accuracy throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain SSIS, SSRS and SSAS projects.
- Respond to and troubleshoot production issues related to data quality and performance and resolve them in timely manner.
- Work closely with different business teams to understand the problem at hand and help them find a solution, or design a suitable technical solution.
- Work with minimal supervision in an agile environment, be an effective communicator with other team members and the business owners.
What technical skills do I need?
- Understanding of relational database principals, expertise in SQL.
- Strong knowledge of moving data across multiple platforms using SSIS, familiar with high transaction driven applications, tuning the complex SQL queries and building/maintaining SSRS reports and SSAS cubes.
- Report design and BI tool experience/support, Microstrategy or similar product set (SQL Server Reporting Services, Tableau, Business Objects etc).
- Strong organizational skills for developing the proper policies and procedures to maintain and enforce quality data standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing both technical and general documentation.
- Experience in C# or Java or Python is preferred but not required.
- Experience in Hadoop or otherbig data and NoSQL solutions is a plus.
- Experience in data science and creating models is a plus.