Job Summary Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported by the application systems; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Validates suppliers estimates; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, as required. Essential Job Functions
- Work under the direction of Datamart and Reporting & Analytics manager on the successful delivery of multiple Business Intelligence projects, enhancements and defects.
- Independently manage delivery of projects and enhancements.
- Prepare release project estimates based on high-level requirements specs and assumptions.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively manage Development, Test and Implementation efforts.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the fixes,
- Ensure the SLA for all production loads are met and able to communicate any delays/issues to business efficiently and timely.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
- Work with Data Governance team to ensure data quality,
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Experience Requirements: Level II: 4 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role or 2 year as an Application SME Level I.
Special Skill Requirement
- 5+ years of experience in developing ETL and Reporting applications using Microsoft SQL Server and Business Intelligence stack
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings with business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Should have good understanding of DW/BI concepts and terminology.
- Should have experience in production support activities.
- Experience in a BI/Data Warehouse environment with involvement in design and architecture
- Experience in Requirement Gathering, Analysis, Design, Development and Implementation of Enterprise solutions.
- Expert in developing Data Marts, Data warehousing, Operational Data Store (ODS), calculation scripts, data matrix, OLAP, Star Schema Modeling, Snow-Flake Modeling, facts, dimensions, partitions, Tables using MS Analysis Services 2012/2014/2016.
- Expert in creating tables, indexes, keys, constraints and triggers to facilitate efficient data manipulation, integration and consistency.
- Excellent command and understanding of Dynamic and Advanced SQL queries in MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, and extensively experienced with SQL / T-SQL / SSIS / SSRS.
- Excellent Programming experience in writing Complex Stored Procedures, Queries, Views, User Defined Functions, Cursors and Common Table Expressions using T-SQL.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Query Optimization by Indexing, Partitioning and Denormalization.
- Extensively worked on Design, Development, Deployment & Maintenance of ETL process using SSIS to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) data from different sources (Flat/Excel/Access/XML/SQL/DB2) to different targets (DB/Files).
- Experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous System (DB2 preferred) using SQL tools and utilities (SSIS and Bulk Insert).
- Worked with tabular reports, matrix reports, parameterized reports according to business requirements in time restricted environment using SQL server reporting services (SSRS).
- Development experience in Transact SQL / C# with good software methodology/practices.
- Highly committed, motivated and a natural team player with strong analytical ability.
- Experience with SQL Server database administration is preferred
- Experience with other reporting tools including, Informatica, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau, preferred.
- Team Foundation Server experience, preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile Environment, preferred.