The Senior Business Intelligence Developer is responsible for leading Business Intelligence projects through relevant project management lifecycle according to project standards and user satisfaction. Projects may be planned or ad-hoc and likely to be complex and/or referred from less experienced staff. Projects may support multiple departments and entities. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will serve as the lead developer who is responsible for more technically advanced projects in the department. Proactively identifies and provides recommendations for solutions to improve systems and business processes. This position will act in a liaison role between the business users/stakeholders and the BI. The position will be responsible for mentoring less senior staff. The position will act autonomously and authority.
- Responsible for leading Business Intelligence projects through project management lifecycle to completion according to project standards and user satisfaction. Projects may support multiple departments and companies.
- Consistently apply appropriate enterprise methodologies and standards for software development and execution and establish department specific standards.
- Provide analytical and problem-solving expertise to resolve business and systems issues. Proactively identifies and provides recommendations on solutions for gaps in business processes and systems.
- Verify information accuracy, document source systems and processes, suggest improvements.
- Play an active role in planning and evolving the data architecture and strategy.
- Act as a technical mentor to others and training staff as appropriate. Translate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Keep pace with business trends, standards, and best practices in the area of expertise, contributing to continuous improvement for the department and overall.
- Identify and implement new capabilities and best practices to develop and improve automated data analysis processes.
- Lead the development of process improvements to help scale operations to support growth
- Respond to applicable BI inquiries or forward to the appropriate staff member.
- Collaborate with business leaders to create new and modify existing financial, analytical and other customized reports through the use of MS SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SAP, and Tableau reporting platforms.
- Create reports, cubes, and reporttemplates used by key decision makers to gain financial and other quantitative insight.
- Collect, analyze and present actionable data to drive seller experience, business development and product management decisions at a senior level.
- Responsible for installation, support, and maintenance of complex EDI related business systems; and all IT warehouse system administration and maintenance tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Equivalent years of experience in computer programming may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a software development role and "hands-on" experience with Microsoft BI Platform (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS) or other BI tools (Cognos, Business Objects, Tableau, Qlikview).
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in analysis and design of complex business applications.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem-solving, analytical skills, attention to detail and project management methodology.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, team environment and interact professionally with all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated initiative and follow through with the ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent projects and meet project completion goals and budgets.
- Evidence of highly developed verbal, written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate complex technical data to a wide audience.
- Knowledge and experienceworking with Relational Databases, SQL, NoSQL Technology, Infinium financial and Human Resource packages, and NCR Power Application.
*Candidates must be local and have authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer. No third parties.