The Business Intelligence (BI) Manager will design, develop and maintain reporting and analytics applications for the Enterprise Analytics organization. This position will partner with the Enterprise Analytics team to drive Business Intelligence strategy, assess and implement Business Intelligence tools, facilitate user adoption of BI assets, and develop OLAP and semantic data layers for BI consumption. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts International policies, practices, and procedures.
- Design, develop and support reporting and analytics applications leveraging tools such as Cognos BI, Microsoft Power BI, Cognos TM1, and Microsoft Analysis Services technologies.
- Gather and translate requirements from end-users to develop and maintain the BI architecture.
- Develop Cognos Framework Manager packages, Cognos Transformer cubes, Microsoft Power BI models, and other BI assets that will be consumed by the Enterprise Analytics team to build reports and dashboards as well as to perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Design, develop, and support the semantic data layer.
- Design, develop, and support multi-dimensional analysis with various OLAP technologies.
- Partner with the Data Services team and Information Management team for data integration and data modeling needs.
- Partner with the Master Data Management and Data Governance teams to ensure that reporting solutions will use governed KPIs and approved data sources.
- Provide input to the overall Business Intelligence strategy for the enterprise.
- Participate in Proof of Concepts and product evaluations.
- Develop BI solutions using various data sources (e.g. SQL relational and multi-dimensional, unstructured data, TM1, and Power Play cubes.)
- Provide support to the Enterprise Analytics organization to resolve application issues in a timely manner.
- Perform data analysis to troubleshoot data issues with the BI solutions and data integration processes.
- Provide training to internal customers and drive solution adoption
- Embrace internal support methodologies and SDLC best practices and continuously strive to improve the systems and processes
- Perform other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or related field.
- At least 5 years of technology implementation and development experience with a Business Intelligence tool.
- Experience with OLAP Architecture and Administration.
- Experience in Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, multi-dimensional cubes, and relational models.
- Experience in data management or computer programming.
- Experience with tools such as Cognos Framework Manager, Cognos Transformer, Cognos TM1, Microsoft Analysis Services, and Microsoft Power BI.
- Expert level understanding of Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Solid understanding of data integration technologies and database concepts.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Master’s Degree.
- Client facing, able to converse in clear concise manner with business customers.
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Azure and modern ecosystems.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.