Our client who are established and growing FinTech, conveniently located on the Yonge subway line are looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Developer to join them on a permanent full time basis. The ideal candidate will be an experienced Business Intelligence professional that demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of data warehousing, data integration and analytics. Open-minded and flexible and prepared to work in a very dynamic agile environment.
Below is requirements to be successful in a role such this:
Design the conceptual, logical and physical data models necessary to support new reporting and data analysis.
- Implementing extract, transform and load (ETL) packages.
- Creating, supporting, and maintaining ongoing operational, managerial, and executive business intelligence infrastructure.
- Creating reports, dashboards, visualizing data.
- Attention to details, in particular as it relates to compliance and accuracy of data.
- Develop understanding of information sources and correct interpretation of data, answer user questions.
- Gather, document and analyze requirements from stakeholders.
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Meet and interact with all levels of management as needed to elicit, define, analyze and document requirements for business intelligence initiatives.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse lifecycle is a must.
- Excellent proficiency with SQL and T-SQL.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft BI Suite: SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SSIS, SSAS.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SS Analysis Services performance-tuning.
- Knowledge of latest Microsoft self-service BI tools – Power BI (both desktop and cloud) - - Understanding relational and dimensional data modeling concepts.
- Experience facilitating meetings, gathering requirements, and writing requirements documents.
- Post-secondary education, preferably in Math/Statistics, Economics/Finance or Computer Science.