Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Responsible for the development and support of the Business Intelligence Analytics products and platforms including but not limited to data warehouse, data visualizations and interactive reports. Applies Business Intelligence and Analytics subject matter expertise (data modeling, data discovery, BI product offering development and conceptual insurance acumen) to provide the business support departments with the tools and data representations which allow increasing organizational profit and meeting strategic goals.
- Proven experience and understanding of standard Business Intelligence architectures, concepts, design, development methodologies and support using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack required.
- Continuously develops expertise in the data and data models within the data warehouse, as well as an understanding of supported business domains.
- Contribute and assist in the development, deployment and automation of highly complex reporting through Business Intelligence application.
- Create reporting and analysis tools using a combination of business intelligence tools – including but not limited to T-SQL, Looker, Tableau, Pentaho, Power BI and other Business Intelligence applications to support our reporting platform and strategy.
- May construct data models, data dictionaries, and report glossaries.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge using Power BI in real-time
- Develop database and/or data presentation solutions to deliver information to end-users accurately and efficiently
- Implement reports meeting established guidelines, plans, and architectural standards.
- Analyze, understand, and document user needs to ensure accurate fulfillment of user story requests from internal business customers.
- Contribute to, and possibly lead, project teams that are developing or modifying highly complex information solutions.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications to design and deliver optimum solutions for business needs.
- Mentor other team members, including consulting or outsourced resources as needed on BI architecture best practices.
- Conducts and may facilitate internal testing and user acceptance testing.
- Assist Quality Assurance team with validatingreports.
- Escalating issues in a timely manner and suggesting improvements.
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation on reporting and analytics architecture.
- Triage, troubleshoot, debug and review existing report error tickets submitted by the user community.
- Ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines, and work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience with a minimum of 5years work experience.
- Strong understanding of Business Intelligence concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated ability to write SQL/TSQL queries to retrieve/modify data.
- Significant experience with Shell Scripting and DB2 LUW.
- Ability to abstract a concept into a series of lifecycle components and events.
- Significant experience developing physical dimensional models, OLAP processes or data visualizations or significant experience in data modeling, data discovery and the application of data to solve business problems.
- 3-5years of relational databaseexperience is preferred. Experience with MS SQL Server, MYSQL or Oracle database platforms is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle Hyperion Business Intelligence tools a plus.
- Experience with Essbase and an understanding of OLAP Cubes.
- Administers & maintains the Business Intelligence Portal, data warehouse, and existing BI solutions.
Behavioral & Leadership Competencies
- Strong communication skills and a strong self-starter attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written/presentation communication skills.
- Ability to leverage strong interpersonal collaboration skills in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong business analyst skills, able to work with many different stakeholders to elicit and document requirements.
- Proven ability to work with less senior staff for guidance in solution delivery.
- May conduct user interviews and training sessions.
- May mentor teammates on BI tools and methods.
- Proven problem solving ability and a willingness to think “outside-the-box”.
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration.
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution.
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo.
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer.
- Office Environment