Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator - PSJH to one of our following locations: Renton WA, Seattle WA, Portland OR or Anaheim CA.
We are seeking a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Platform Administrator – PSJH to be responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, operations, and ongoing management of multiple BI tools and related systems within Healthcare Intelligence. The BI Tools Administrator works with other HI team members, Information Systems staff and vendor technical resources in cross-functional teams to deploy analytical solutions in support of the Mission of Providence Health & Services.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and deploy BI solutions and environments in support of multiple concurrent initiatives.
- Ensure system availability through active management and monitoring of system resources and capacity, application of patches and bug fixes, and review of system logs. Plan and execute system upgrades and migrations. Plan ahead for future growth.
- Document all processes and support source code control and deployments using standard tools and processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation and resolve problems through root cause analysis, data and system investigation, debugging and testing.
- Assure consistency and maintainability of new assets and processes by facilitating design reviews with specialists and enterprise architects.
- Communicate effectively with peers, leaders, and customers throughout the organization.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
- 7 years of experience in system/platform administration.
- 5 years of experience in BI platform administration
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Project management principles; Agile development methodology and other SDLC principles; testing, peer review and ongoing quality assurance processes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with BI platforms such as Business Objects, Informatica, Tableau, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of servers, operating systems (Windows, Unix/Linux), networking, and security (LDAP, Active Directory).
- Programming skills in Windows PowerShell, Unix shell, python, Perl, or Java.
- Strong knowledge of BI design principles; performance tuning, data management, partitioning, deployment of storage and compute nodes.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
- Cloudera training/certification