Who We Need
Do you think in code? If you are a talented Business Intelligence (BI) Developer who wants to join our team to make a real impact on the lives of our customers in a positive, respectful, agile, and fun environment, then we need you!
You will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision makers.
We believe that our competitive advantage is based on accurate, reliable, and well architected data. We have a large multi company environment with many online transactional systems (on premise, cloud-hosted, etc.) creating vast amounts of data used to make strategic decisions.
A Day in the Life of a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
- SQL Server 2016-2017, and eagerly awaiting 2019
- SQL Server Analysis Services 2016 (SSAS Multi-Dimensional and Tabular)
- ETL – (Informatica, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS))
- Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, Sharepoint
- Azure (SQL Data Warehouse, Cosmos, Mongo)
- Red-Gate Developer Bundle
If you join us your day will consist of:
- Participate with the business to identify the most impactful opportunities.
- Collaborate and find simplified approaches to business complexities.
- Architect and model data structures to fulfill the technical needs of our business vision.
- Push the limits of SQL by working with the latest tech including Snowflake, PolyBase, and JSON parsing.
- Build performant tabular and multi-dimensional data models for self-service BI.
- Create a visual story with Tableau, Excel, Power BI or SSRS to inspire action and change behavior.
- Engage in design sessions, peer reviews, pattern/code reviews and team lunch and learns.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to junior/mid-level developers.
- And last-but-not-least…
…Join in team lunches, BBQs, and Top Golf to celebrate with the team on meaningful business wins
An ideal candidate has most of these skills:
- 5+ years of experience developing MS SQL Server 2008-2017 solutions, Azure SQL, or other relational databases.
- 3+ years of experience in data warehouse architecture and modeling.
- 3+ years of experience with an ETL tool such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) or Informatica.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) - multi-dimensional and/or tabular.
- Experience with Tableau, Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS), or Power BI.
- Comprehension of relational and dimensional modeling.
- Familiarity with performance tuning techniques such as indexing and analyzing query execution plans.
- Experience with agile development (Scrum, Kanban).
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Ability to take ownership and facilitate consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Must be willing to collaborate and problem solve in an open team environment.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.