ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
This isn’t just a business, Happy Money is a Movement. We are the fintech of the future, delivering digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 100,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Happy Money Science Team is looking to hire a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for turning data into actionable analyzes enabling business decisions.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Using excellent data analysis and data sleuthing skills to research new datasets and integration of different datasets to unlock insight for various stakeholders.
- Partnering with the business stakeholders, product team and engineering team to create new business intelligence, reporting and data analysis solutions.
- Maintaining existing processes and identifying improvements related to business intelligence, reporting and data analysis.
- Capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements.
- Work closely with the Data Engineering Team to design new and enhanced data structures to support reporting and analytics within the Happy Money data ecosystem.
- Work on creating necessary datasets, data pulls and analytics as needed on an ad-hoc basis for all departments within Happy Money
- Building compelling visualizations in Tableau with good attention to detail.
- Conduct complex, important work around reporting and analytics under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment.
- 5+ years of experience in processes supporting analytics with experience supporting Marketing processes or experience with Financial Services more broadly
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems, Math, Economics, or Engineering
- 2+ Years’ experience with modern analytics: tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- Strong knowledge with databases such as SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and/or Redshift
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce, Marketo Cloud, Salesforce Marketing cloud, Facebook APIs, Stitch (or other Data Ingestion Platforms), and ability to operate as point of contact for the business partner.
- Organization skills; demonstrated ability to manage small technology projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to challenge the status quo
WE’D BE ECSTATIC IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience in FinTech or Financial Services
- Proficiency with R or Python
- Experience with modern scalable data warehouses (BigQuery/Athena/Hive, etc.)