The Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst will be the lead for turning abstract information from data analyses into appealing and understandable visualizations that improve business insights pertaining to shipments, sales and overall field execution. He/she is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining Power BI dashboards and reports for the North American sales force. He/she will also present the solutions to the corresponding parties in our sales organization in order to help them understand the stories and insights hidden within their data.
Essential Job Functions:
- Managing the full stack development of data visualization in Power BI to be used to product ongoing weekly/monthly/yearly reports including, but not limited to: Shipments, Depletions, Distribution, Nielsen, Survey data and more.
- Work with large datasets (SQL Server, Azure SQL, Google Analytics, SAP) as needed to drive analytic, graphical, and reporting solutions
- Manage team of analysts to architect solutions across multiple departments
- Familiarity with VIP, iDig, and SRS reporting interface
- Understanding of Sharepoint objects such as Lists, Folders, and Online Lists
- Help drive business stakeholder adoption of insights-driven decision making and/or business process innovation
- Become subject matter expert on all sales data and employ tools such as R and Python to find hidden insights within the data
- Working with IT and other departments with our metadata to maintain user access, hierarchy and security
- Data cleansing exercises, either through manual update or data load to address issue areas
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Present interpretation and insight to senior management, sales operations and the entire North American sales force
- Develop and maintain all documentation for report development and enhancements
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Provide specialized system/software training.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 4-7 years of experience in field or in a related area.
- Mastersdegree in applied mathematics, statistics, business analytics or computer science
- Experience presenting data insights to high-level executives as well as entire sales force
- Experience developing business requirements with cross-functional teams across the company
- 1-2 years of experience with Power BI Desktop and the Power BI Service
- Experience designing security model in Power BI
- Experience deploying solutions to an enterprise server environment
- 1-2 years of experience managing table relationships and advanced custom queries in SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of data modeling, data mining, data analysis, and data visualization
- Statistical modelingexperience
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms (decision tree, clustering, kNN, PLA, etc.)
- Knowledge of data science libraries for Python/R (ggplot2, mlr, scipy, pandas, etc.)
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the DSD business process and an understanding in the three tier system
- Experience mapping business objectives into actionable analyses, and explaining technical concepts, and implications to a broad audience