As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a highly experienced, self-driven Business Intelligence Analyst / Data Scientist, well versed in analytical and business intelligence reporting, relational databases, SQL, and predictive data analysis. As a member of Service Assurance Engineering, you will work directly with technology and business partners to transform business data into actionable solutions to improve the performance of Schwab’s critical systems.
What you’ll do:
Your work will include a high degree of data visualization and user-driven analysis capabilities geared toward driving action to improve business service reliability. It will be a catalyst to drive the process of performing “Health Reviews” for systems exhibiting signs of instability. Another outcome will be predictive analysis to support improved reliability and availability of Schwab’s critical systems.
- Serve as a broker for business teams to understand and document their business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics and KPIs. Work with reporting development resources to produce appropriate business intelligence.
- Leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision makers
- Lead efforts in providing business performance visibility on scalable business intelligence and reporting platforms to drive business results. Include automation, so that decision makers can quickly pull the information needed.
- Partner closely with internal cross-function technology team members and analysts to deliver reporting projects that provide business solutions
- Work aggressively toward developing optimal business intelligence strategies to satisfying short and longer term priorities with solutions ranging from traditional to more modern, interactive reporting tools
- Coordinate, compile and analyze highly complex reporting requests for the organization from a variety of sources. Verify data for accuracy and be able to identify inconsistencies and recommend corrective action
- Perform rigorous testing to assess the quality and accuracy of data in the system; support ideas and methodologies to ensure data quality
What you have:
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence and/or Data Scientist experience
- 5+ years SQL structured programming, ad hoc queries, and data analysis development using Teradata, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience in creating highly interactive data visualization Tableau Desktop & Tableau Server dashboards using features such as data blending, extracts, LOD calculations, filters, actions, parameters, context filters, sets, groups and aggregate measures.
- Experience developing dashboard wireframes and design requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
- Superb acumen for managing priorities and determining you are working on the most impactful and value-add items
- Ability to communicate/interact with business partners up to the VP level
- Work directly with business leaders to get beyond the initial “ask” to understand the underlying business needs, critical path, and timeline surrounding key goals
- Ability to consistently deliver solid, successful solutions with short development cycles that hit the mark on the initial delivery.
- Knowledge of brokerage business, financial services, and/or Schwab a plus
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Job ID: 20171220-6403.