Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Demand Planning & Fulfillment Department has an opening for a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Shopping Experience Senior Business Intelligence Analyst will serve a critical role in constructing retail operation metrics for Catalog, Selection and Marketplace activities and act as the formalizer to infuse the new practices across key organizational functions and teams via agile approaches. The position will provide analytic backbone to drive business performance and help functional leaders make informed decisions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct process mapping to help organization gain better understanding with performance input attributes
- Develop exception reporting and feedback loop for various segments to learn and shape operating models
- Lead research projects to understand how the inputs interact with other variables and impact demand
- Provide analytical support to ad-hoc cross-functional projects
- Gather requirements and conduct system design with technical counterparts through stages of optimization engine construction
- Manage road map and projects to ensure milestones are achieved in time
- Collaborate with Data Science team to develop and A/B test
- Communicate, align, and obtain buy-in from functional owners
- Implementing new system and/or process to key functions
- Monitor and create continuous feedback loop to improve optimization forecast results
- Acquire solid understanding of Albertson's Safeway business and proactively look for ways to provide analytical solutions to business issues.
- 4-year degree (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, MIS, or similar focus) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- 2+ years of functional experience in Kaizen/continuous improvement, forecasting, or finance operation.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with data science analytical tools, e.g. R, Python, and advanced level Excel
- Extensive understanding of statistical principles and how to apply them in real world
- Knowledge and experience with 4th generation query languages and applications, e.g. SAS, SQL, SPSS, and Snowflake (Cognos & Power BI a plus)
- Experience as data science formalizer is a strong plus
- Ability to manage-up and form business strategy