By trade we are a technology company, but if you ask anyone that works here, they'll tell you we are a people company. As the industry leader in Accounts Payable (AP) Automation, AvidXchange strives to provide an innovative and collaborative work environment. We do that through focusing on our people, our culture, and ensuring we run our business in a way that enables every employee to achieve their fullest potential and help us create a world class company. Our employees live by our core values, including "Innovate to Change the Game," "Passion About Customer Success," "Win as a Team," and "Have a Blast." Whether you live in Charlotte and can enjoy our corporate campus at the AvidXchange Music Factory, or you live across the country, AvidXchange has locations waiting for you. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Love where you work. Live Avidly.
AvidXchange is looking for a Senior Business Insights Developer; we serve as the BI Data Warehouse team and provide analytics, automated reporting, and best in class business insights solutions to AvidXchange customers (both internal and external).
Duties and responsibilities
- Obtain complete knowledge of the physical BI DW database schema.
- Collaborate with internal / external customers to develop initiatives that drive growth.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting requests and research for projects as needed.
- Identify and enable users to access BI DW data in a manner consistent with their business goals.
- Ensure access to business metadata from within the OLAP/BI tool (Excel /PowerBI)
- Work closely with multiple teams to understand & implement report requirements.
- Develop and maintain a variety of report types including tabular, drill down, matrix, and charts.
- Create scripts for importing, exporting, analyzing, mapping, and converting data.
- Perform query and report optimizations to increase efficiency of legacy reports.
- Test and validate reports to insure data accuracy and quality.
- Identify and schedule frequently needed reports/analysis.
- Deploy and maintain data access through BI tools, to include SSRS (PowerBI is a plus).
- Research workarounds to reporting service limitations and propose appropriate solutions.
- Write queries, views, and stored procedures to satisfy company reporting & analytics needs.
- Train and support users on BI tools.
- Working knowledge of table indexing, storage methodologies, CTEs, table variables, temporary tables, window functions data segmentation and query optimization.
- Strong understanding of data visualization concepts and best practices.
- Ability and desire to learn new report display technologies and evaluate additional business intelligence tools that could advance the business intelligence offerings at AvidXchange.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years of data analysis and development experience with business intelligence tools (ideally in an DW environment).
- 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), building database queries, stored procedure writing and report creation (SSIS & SSAS experience strongly preferred).
- 3-5 years of experience developing quality data visualizations for various business units.
- Experience with development & production support of PowerBI dashboards and reports preferred.
- PostgreSQL experience strongly preferred.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against
applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age
and physical or mental disability.