The role is a business partner, providing financial support and insights to the North American Applications organization. He/she will be a critical interface between the Finance team, Sales, Operations, Cloud Renewals team, and other front-line business units. He/she will be expected to leverage the global resources of the larger Oracle Financial community to gather information, analyze current and future operational dynamics, and resolve business issues that hinder success. Successful incumbents will have a business led approach, capable of understanding key tactical and strategic decisions facing the sales management team and how financial analysis, reporting and planning can enhance management decision making. This individual will be strongly motivated and a self-starter.
- Develop clear understanding of key business drivers and deliver value add analysis and reporting.
- Set priorities and understand which analyses and interpretation of results will be useful in managing the business on both a regular reporting and ad hoc basis.
- Understand the upside and potential risk within the individual LOB forecasts and help to manage the business effectively.
- Reporting and Analysis: Work with both finance and business management to identify and track appropriate performance measures, key performance indicators and associated drivers. Be proactive in reviewing information, identifying inconsistencies, trends, and issues for management. Drive consistent processes and standard formats.
- Prepare financial information and analysis for Quarterly Business Reviews. Communicate to Sales management and Finance team areas of concern and actions required to meet financial commitments.
- Drive automation of reporting.
- Key contributor in new process implementation.
- Accurately forecast bookings/renewals.
- Develop/Review/submit compensation plans for quota-carrying sales headcount.
- Work closely with India counterpart to deliver in depth, metrics based reporting on pipeline, bookings, and other KPIs.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Participate in annual budgeting process.
- Participate in quarterly closing process, in close coordination with global Finance colleagues.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge/experience of leading Finance functions within a technology industry.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage processes, and identify cross-functional issues.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Familiarity with “SaaS” Software as a Service and Software License industry a plus.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint, Excel).
PREFERRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS AND LEADERSHIP SKILLS
- Able to build trust and credibility between finance and the sales management team.
- Take personal ownership for the achievement of agreed goals.
- Ability to interact and influence effectively with all levels of the company and lead presentations to executive management.
- BS in Finance or Accountingpreferred, MBA or CPA a plus
- Minimum 10+ years finance/operations experience (MBA is equivalent to two years’ experience)