As a Senior Business Development Officer you will work within a designated territory to drive new sales of the firm’s investment and wealth advisory services. We are looking for an ambitious self-starter with a stellar sales track record, a strategic sales approach, and a keen interest in business development.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Accountabilities:
• Use strategic and consultative selling techniques, plus knowledge of the business and potential solutions, to meet a revenue-based sales quota by calling directly on prospective clients within the assigned territory; support the firm’s sales efforts outside of the assigned territory as needed.
• Meet and exceed annual revenue targets by maintaining a full sales pipeline of opportunities with both new prospects and existing clients.
• Manage the sales process, including sourcing new opportunities, conceiving and presenting unique solutions to meet client needs, and involving the appropriate team members to scope the feasibility and negotiate pricing to bring the opportunity to a close.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with key contacts and business partners within your assigned territory.
• Develop strong internal relationships with our client advisors, portfolio managers, investment staff, marketing team, and senior management.
• Coordinate all prospect meetings and final presentations; support request-for-proposal activities and any other sales activities related to the pipeline.
• Meet other sales metrics as required, such as forecasting, prospect calling, and client visits. Utilize corporate technology resources including CRM to document and track prospect and client interactions.
• Track all sales-related activities and generate sales activity reports.
• Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
• 10+ years of relevant business experience – high net worth or advisory/full service business development experience preferred
• CFP / CFA preferred