A key team member of the Gaming Operations Commercial Team which drives Scientific Games' global slot machine and electronic table games recurring revenue commercial strategies. This role will report to the Director, Commercial Strategy and work closely with sales and sales leadership to drive effective commercial behaviors in efforts to hit quarterly revenue targets. Daily responsibilities include (but not limited to) interfacing with customers as needed, and working with key stakeholders and commercial team members to structure and pitch business deals for optimal pricing and return on capital investment, develop targeted account plans, shape regional sales strategies. Furthermore, this position will collaborate with the Gaming Operations broader team and various internal departments (Product Management, Insights and Analytics, Game Development, Operations, Finance, and Legal) to ensure business strategies align to market need and opportunities. This role requires excellent modelling, written and verbal communications skills, with ability to analyze large data sets to create key messaging for strong executive level and customer facing presentations.
Essential Job Functions:
• Contribute to the daily operations of the commercial team and assist with all analysis (financial and market) and strategy creation, deployment, and execution to ensure company targets.
•Develop and grow customer partnerships by deeply understanding customer requirements and market needs by leveraging the Insights and Analytics team partnership, and sales team leaders.
•Aid in the development of executive level presentations and customer facing materials that clearly outline key product strategies, customer pitches, and KPI updates (as needed).
• Assist with creation of launch plan strategies for multiple internal audiences (Sales, Game Development, Operations) based on amount of risk to be prepared on all fronts, ensuring Gaming Ops hits commercial goals.
• Work closely with Product teams, Gaming operations team members and Game Development to ensure we have the optimal product mix to grow and support various product categories
• Aid in executing regional based launch strategies for marquee products by working closely with sales to identify early launch partners and merchandising, while simultaneously tracking risk internally to make sure procurement, manufacturing, field service are all aligned to hit key deliverables.
•Constantly assess opportunities, potential issues and/or risks related to gaming operations product deployments. Lead post launch post mortems and prioritize agreed upon opportunities for improvement based on the team's analysis and review with product, service delivery and/or business owners.
• Act as a key regional point of contact for the sales team to analyze new deals and growth opportunities ensuring strongest margins possible.
• Manage regional operational reporting dashboards and KPI's for the purpose of identifying specific process improvement opportunities in the sales functions within Gaming Operations.
• Assist with pre and post-launch support for Gaming Operations deployments by monitoring ongoing development of product performance and benchmarking key metrics and business objectives.
• Works with respective internal departments to aid in forecasting, production, and rollout priorities as well as troubleshoot problems impacting product lines and/or orders.
• Work daily with the Insights and Analytics team to provide ongoing updates on data trends and potential opportunities for improvement to operations, sales, finance and production as appropriate including information such as performance, competitive analysis and financial reviews.
• Analyze documents, processes and workflows to establish problem areas affecting product development.
• Work with and manipulate data using data mining tools (Tableau, Business Objects, etc.), excel worksheets, and or any other manipulation tool or application.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Financial Analysis, Statistics, Mathematics or Business Related
• 3-5 Years experience
• Gaming Industry, Finance, Sales, Consumer products brand management experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
• Possess excellent analytical, strategic, and presentation skills.
Required technical skills
• Advanced MS Excel
Proficient in at least one of the following programs:
• Tableau, SQL, Access, VBA, Business Objects
Experience in working with large data sets and multiple databases
Experience in financial modeling and analysis
Strong ability to mine data and compile information into actionable insights
Knowledge of Gaming Industry and regulations preferred but not required
Strong problem solving skills.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with ability to create strong executive level and customer facing presentations