We are seeking a Business Development professional to join Guardian Life’s Group Retail team. The Group Retail business arm is a fast-growing organization built on top of a B2B2C model. We’re focused on empowering individuals to access high quality benefits no matter their employment status or life stage, whether they’re employed, working for themselves, between jobs, or retired.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for extending Guardian’s reach to relevant consumers by sourcing and executing new partnership deals that focus on the distribution of Guardian’s individual dental, vision and supplemental health insurance products. You will be a crucial contributor to the growth strategy of the Partnerships channel, and as an early member, you will directly influence and shape how the channel is built and scaled in the coming years.
This is a non-commission position that will pay an annual base salary + bonus.
The successful hire must be on campus two days a week at one of Guardian's hub offices, including New York, NY; Boston, MA, or Bethlehem, PA.
- Own the entire new business pipeline from outreach to contract execution.
- Achieve annual new premium targets by signing new partnership deals.
- Create and execute joint-business plans with prospects, acting as the primary contact throughout the sales cycle.
- Co-create and customize sales materials in partnership with Marketing as needed.
- Lead analysis of prospects to set pitch strategy and own pitch meetings and proposals.
- Hyper-prioritize new business pipeline, optimizing towards key metrics.
- Innovate and take calculated risks to drive growth by implementing new ideas, anticipating barriers, and identifying ways to overcome them.
- Collaborate closely with the Partnership Management team to provide a smooth post-contract handoff, and ensure new partners are set up for success.
- Support the Partnership Management team with existing partner negotiations.
- Act as a thought leader among internal stakeholders to drive alignment across all relevant departments such as product, marketing, compliance, legal, privacy, and more.
- Track and report on KPIs to forecast new partner growth, create and share pipeline dashboards, and highlight new growth opportunities.
- Establish feedback loop with Product & Product delivery teams to ensure we remain competitive and have the appropriate technology and platform capabilities in place for optimal win-rates and market competitiveness.
- Identify and recommend process improvements to drive scalability using existing solutions, correcting, and modifying as necessary.
- 6+ years’ experience in business development, sales, or strategic partnerships.
- Must understand standard sales cycles and pipeline management.
- Experience and knowledge of health insurance products preferred.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to drive alignment and effect change across a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to thrive and willingness to work in high-energy, fast-paced, high-volume, and dynamic environment with ability to align and adapt a large organization to changing priorities.
- A roll up your sleeves mindset and ability to get work done independently when required.
- Self-driven, energetic, adaptable, team player.
- Ability to meet or exceed goals with minimal guidance; have an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Approximately 30-40% travel associated with the position
$111,840.00 - $183,735.00The salary range reflected above is a good faith estimate of base pay for the primary location of the position. The salary for this position ultimately will be determined based on the education, experience, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate. In addition to salary, this role may also be eligible for annual, sales, or other incentive compensation.
At Guardian, you’ll have the support and flexibility to achieve your professional and personal goals. Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards.
As part of Guardian’s Purpose – to inspire well-being – we are committed to offering contemporary, supportive, flexible, and inclusive benefits and resources to our colleagues.
- Choice of [high deductible/copay] medical plans* with prescription drugs, including coverage for fertility and transgender inclusive benefits
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Health care accounts – flexible spending, health reimbursement, and health savings accounts
- Critical illness insurance
Life and Disability Insurance
- Company-paid Life and Disability insurance plus voluntary supplemental coverage
- Accident insurance
Retirement and Financial
- 401(k) retirement plan with a company match, plus an annual age/service-based Company contribution and an annual profit-sharing contribution, if applicable
- Complimentary 1:1 financial guidance with a licensed Fidelity representative
Time Off and Remote Work
- Flexible work arrangements (part in-person/part remote)
- Unlimited paid time off for most roles plus time off for volunteering, jury duty, voting, and bereavement
- Personal holidays for colleagues to use in recognition of religious, cultural, or civic days
- Paid parental leave and paid family and medical leave policies
Emotional Well-being and Work-Life
- Emotional well-being, mental health, and work/life resources powered by Spring Health
- Wellness programs, including fitness program and equipment reimbursement
- Child, adult, and elder back-up care support through Bright Horizons
- Adoption assistance
- College planning
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan assistance
- Commuter benefits in select metropolitan areas
Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (J.E.D.I.)
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity
- J.E.D.I. certification and training programs
- Matching gifts/volunteering
Benefits apply to full-time eligible employees. Interns are not eligible for most Company benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Guardian is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment