The Job We are looking for a dynamic, high performing Senior Business Development Manager with experience in high-level business development and Request for Proposal (RFP) creation. The ideal candidate has a passion for behavior change, a history of developing business, and is capable of writing adept proposals. Lead Business Development Strategies:
- Develop an understanding of agency accomplishments and areas of expertise in order to become an advocate for Rescue’s mission to make healthier behaviors more accessible;
- Assess new business opportunities and identify those most aligned with desired areas of growth, existing expertise, and client’s openness to innovative thinking;
- Develop an understanding of the funding landscape across topic areas and types of potential clients, assessing areas of expected opportunity and anticipating contract openings;
- Maintain an ongoing pulse on requests for information (RFI) and proposals (RFP) for well-qualified opportunities and evaluate the probability of contract procurement;
- Attend public health conferences for emerging health topics to assess the landscape, network with key stakeholders/allies and identify areas of opportunity;
- Develop and nurture a roster of potential subcontractors and partners for collaboration on new business proposals; and
- Support the external promotion of agency accomplishments and work with existing clients through conference talks, networking, webinars, publications, abstracts, and agency communications in order to leverage wins for potential new business in similar areas of work.
Proposal and Pitch Development:
- Lead the agency contract proposal process, beginning with the comprehensive review of the RFI, RFP or other customer request, work with stakeholders to develop a custom scope, position Rescue’s approach to meet proposal needs, advise and lead the proposal team regarding contract requirements and clauses, and generate written proposal and price support documentation. Participate in team reviews and peer review proposals for completeness, responsiveness, and accuracy;
- Partner with agency leadership to assemble staffing plans, key personnel, labor budgets, and necessary resources for an effective written or presented pitch;
- Partner with internal business vertical leads to identify, manage, and track new business opportunities from the opportunity identification phase through the RFP and/or award process;
- Establish baseline knowledge on a variety of health topics (tobacco cessation, opioid use, marijuana education, nutrition education, obesity prevention, sexual health) that include topic basics and history, existing efforts in the space, initial audience trends, and more;
- Establish baseline knowledge of key populations in need of health interventions (at-risk teens, young adults, LGBTQ, multicultural, American Indian/Alaskan Natives) to better align agency expertise with potential client needs; and
- Review, interpret, recommend, and negotiate contractual terms and conditions in accordance with company policies and objectives, procurement regulations, and customer requirements.
Oversee Contract Procurement Process:
- Provide post-award contract management support to awarded contracts in accordance with programmatic requirements;
- Translate winning proposals into internal processes, including scoping, project management, finance, and project teams;
- Inform agency leadership and key personnel of contract timing, requirements, and key success outcomes;
- Collect and organize new contract materials and onboard internal agency teams to new work; and
- Support client-facing team from the initial award through the onboarding and ramp up period including development of initial scope of work, program goals, and implementation budget.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree +5 years relevant experienceOR 10 years relevant experience OR Master's Degree +3 years relevant experience;
- Experience writing new business proposals;
- Advanced business writing skills;
- Experience navigating government contract requirements;
- Proven ability to network and develop relationships with stakeholders;
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of teams;
- Proven ability to meet tight and competing deadlines;
- Proven ability to present ideas to executive teams and achieve alignment with strategic direction.