The primary objective of this role is to generate sales for ENGIE Retail business entity products to Commercial and Industrial (C&I) customers consistent with the Job Dimensions identified below, while abiding by ENGIE’s policies, processes and governance.
Essential Job Functions
- Prospect and acquire new C&I customers within the respective region by networking, cold calling, using social media, and/or other means to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Establish strong direct and indirect relationships to acquire and retain a book of business to meet and/or exceed goals.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to increase regional third party business and coordinate these efforts with other regional owners to maximize the business throughout the territories we serve.
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Assess customer needs and propose offerings to meet and/or exceed these needs.
- Break down supply proposals to ensure an “apples to apples” comparison by having a thorough understanding of the regional market, its competitors, energy components and product offerings.
- Coordinate and manage various internal processes and resources to close transactions (Legal, Credit, Supply, Business Controls and Operations).
- Collaborate with members of the Key Account team on transactions involving key customers to improve odds of success.
- Support marketing activity by staffing key industry events in the region.
- Gather, record and provide timely market feedback on deal competitiveness, our competitors, markets and third-party activity.
- Complete all training commensurate with the position.
- Acts as a team member with all employees of ENGIE staff.
- Comply with all ENGIE policies and procedures.
Carries out other duties as assigned
Essential Physical Abilities
Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
Strong negotiation skills
Self-driven individual capable of quickly learning new products, processes and systems
Ability to interact with executive level decision makers
Ability to travel via airplane, car, etc as required.
Ability to meet highest attendance requirements.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
Ability to use a personal computer, calculator and other tools to reach sales targets
Could involve some lifting up to 20lbs.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Minimum 5+ years of sales experience, preference within the retail energy industry.