- Direct and coordinate activities of businesses development including but not limited to Pursuit, Order, Capture (POC) activities, market shaping activities, competitive analysis activities and long term and short term market strategies.
- Oversee 3-5 direct reports: Identify employee weaknesses so that they can be improved; Select development programs for employees to strengthen their knowledge and skills. Responsible for mentoring, goal setting, performance evaluation, compensation planning and workload management.
- Identify customer needs and recommend customer pricing according to competitive market dynamics: Identify what is most relevant for a product system; Make recommendations to the value stream leaders concerning product investment. Identify, create, and manage business relationships with select companies to develop solutions and/or create complementary products/services.
- Includes budgetary responsibilities: Update, reallocate, and prioritize based upon budget requirements; Forecast budget for the fiscal year; Control internal and operating budget for business development colors of money, as well as other expenditures.
- Collaborate with value stream leaders to develop five year orders forecasts and current year operating plans (orders).
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, monthly orders forecasting and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing growth plans.
- Direct and coordinate organization's financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 12 years of relevant experience is required
- US Citizenship Required
- Ability to obtain an active US DoD Security Clearance
- Active US DoD Clearance
- Demonstrated leadership ability, especially the ability to lead diverse groups made up of multiple specialties such as program management, engineering, operations, finance, contracting, business development support, and corporate communications.
- Strong Business Development skill set in pursuit planning, contact planning, competitive analysis, Price-to-Win and strategic positioning is highly desired. Experience leading teams pursuing large, complex multi-phase pursuits in highly competitive environments.
- Strong background in the development and implementation of customer and market influence campaigns, to include planning and execution of customer focused events such as trade shows, product demonstrations, and media events.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following customer organizations: US Army PEO C3T, US Army PM TR, US Army Futures Command, US Army Network CFT, US Army PEO GCV.
- Experience with the tactical communications market including V/UHF, SATCOM, and HF capabilities across ground and air segments.
- Experience with DoD acquisition and budget process to include relationships with US Army HQDA G3/5/7, G6, and G8 FDC also desired.
- Working relationships with tactical vehicle OEMs: Lockheed Martin, AM General, General Dynamics, Oshkosh is also desired.