Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world’s best education, and we’re motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who come to Coursera.
In 2016, we began hosting accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, “stackable” means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. To further the valuable credentials learners can earn on Coursera, we started offering Professional Certificates like the Google IT Support Professional Certificate, ISC^2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner Certification, Google Cloud Platform Certifications, and the Professional Project Management Certificate, providing a path for learners to be job-ready. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
At Coursera, the Enterprise Team has the ambitious vision of building of transforming talent at the world’s leading companies and global governments through upskilling and reskilling their workforce. Through innovative engagements with enterprise partners, we can empower our learners around the world to land their next job or promotion.
As our Senior Business Development Manager, you will beresponsible for expanding the reach and speed of our enterprise business through driving newpartnerships and go to market strategies with resellers, tuition reimbursement vendors, hiring partners, and new product offerings. Drawing on your strategic thinking abilities, analysis, and creative deal-making skills, you will define strategies for Coursera to expand thedistributionof its credentials to the enterprise chanel and tap into the broader tuition reimbursement market.
- Drive the GTM strategy cross functionally for marketing degrees and new credentials into the enterprise channel
- Build partnerships with tuition reimbursement vendors and resellers who will accelerate Coursera’s penetration into the enterprise market & drive new revenue
- Drive enablement of new partners, establishing the needed processes with cross functional team members
- Collaborate with our customer teams to identify innovative ideas that emerge from customers that could be scaled into a broader offering for our customers
- Lead cross functional initiatives and strategic projects that might accelerate our business
- Provide valuable input about enterprise partners’ feedback and needs
- At least 5+ years of related experience in consulting/business development/account management/sales
- Deep understanding of enterprise business, within proven ability to navigate complicated organizations with many stakeholders
- Previous experience with corporate initiatives around education and/or hiring
- Exceptional problem solving skills & data-driven strategic thinking
- Comfort with data analysis and financial models
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for education
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and to radiate positivity even while under pressure
- Strong team spirit and willingness to learn