Backed by Benchmark, Sequoia Capital, and Index Ventures, Confluent is one of the fastest growing startups in Silicon Valley. Founded by the team that built Apache Kafka, Confluent provides a streaming platform that enables companies to easily access data as real-time streams. In addition to our enterprise platform, we recently launched our cloud offering, Apache Kafka as a Service, which will allow companies of all sizes to leverage the power of streaming data. Join us on our mission to put a streaming platform at the heart of every company!
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to drive our partnership and GTM with Microsoft. The preferred location for this position is Seattle. Apache Kafka and Confluent are driving a paradigm shift and transformation to real-time business across various industries and that is having a profound impact on traditional business. This shift is opening up unprecedented opportunities across industries from Financial Services, Healthcare to Manufacturing and Retail.
As the Kafka experts, Confluent has the opportunity to leverage this adoption to build strongpartnerships and GTM with cloud players to enhance their productportfolio, while broadening our routes to market.
- Primary BD interface to manage Microsoft Azure partnership and GTM.
- Define and execute product and GTM strategy with Microsoft that spans Sales, Product, and Marketing.
- Identify and develop key executive sponsors at Microsoft to drive Confluent partnership and win-win GTM value-proposition.
- Establish partnership governance and joint business targets with regular checkpoints with Microsoft sponsors.
- Work with sales and regional partner teams to ensure successful regional engagement on customer opportunities to drive revenue streams.
- Define joint solutions and enable Microsoft to develop, launch and support Confluent based offers and services.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong knowledge of the cloud and infrastructure Platform market players and key dynamics.
- Ability to connect business and technology strategy.
- Ability to lead the development of joint value proposition and GTM plans.
- Track record of building technology partnerships that impact sales.
- Comfortable navigating and driving initiatives with large industry players.
- Experience working at executive levels to shape and align strategic agenda.
- Experience working globally - in Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
- Strong matrix-management orientation and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead the development of joint value proposition along with GTM strategy for partners.
- Experience with negotiating large and complex deals with industry leaders.
- Excellent communicator at all organization levels.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Requires a minimum of 10+ years of related experience in Business Development partner management, 4 years of which in working with Cloud and Platform Partners.
- BA/BS degreerequired.
- MBA Preferred.
- Experience in selling enterprise software required.
- Working Open Source software models preferred.