The ideal candidate will possess education and technology backgrounds that enable them to drive engagements with CIOs, educators, superintendents, and CEOs, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. Roles and responsibilities include:
· Serve as a key member of the Global Education team driving overall AWS’ market and technical strategy for solutions.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
· Forge strong relationships with product teams and present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
· Define and size segments, identify and engage key customers, and identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
· The right person will be technical and analytical, possess 5-7 years of partner/business development and/or program/product management experience.
· Bachelor's Degree from Accredited University.
· 5-7 years of experience working within education and/or software development industries is highly desired.
· A minimum of 2 years hands on work within cloud computing landscape in general and/or AWS services
· Understanding of mission-enabling applications
· Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
· Basic understanding of cloud computing landscape in general and AWS services in particular
· Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits
· Large scale project management experience including the formulation and implementation of a business development strategy
· Effective verbal and written communicator.
Job ID: 609899