Sr. Business Development Executives focus on selling to net new revenue within Commercial customers (new logos, cross selling new product lines, new locations and up selling) with 250-5,000 employees through prospecting, networking and executing on marketing initiatives to increase our footprint within their assigned territory resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment. With a focus on Total Customer Satisfaction, the BDE will also proactively manage approximately 10-25 named Iron Mountain Commercial customers to increase the customer spend assigned customer programs through new opportunity identification, upsell execution, renewal strategy, and issue management. The Sr. Business Development Executives will be supported through Inside Sales to uncover additional customer needs to accounts with 100-250 employees and Customer Service for customer on boarding, reviewing and solving customer issues.
- Assesses prospective and assigned customer's current and potential needs, determining appropriate new revenue streams from Iron Mountain products and solutions. Develops and implements strategies and business plans through understanding the customers; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM's total solution offerings for customers through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting IRM's areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages within each existing and net new accounts. Actively participates in marketing campaign initiatives in demand and field program execution.
- To increase the net new revenue stream, builds customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals, key customer decision maker(s) to structure partnership strategy as it relates to customer requirements (service level expectations, training of IM solutions, FBR structure/timetable). Ensures frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customer educated on emerging industry trends related to customer's organizational information management needs. Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
- Continuously prospects to develop net new customers, as well as which include expanding existing relationships and products of assigned accounts. Maintains a consistent 'pipeline' the enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment. Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, managing timely detailed responses to RFP's, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings
- Responsible for final account profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment. Responsible for identifying, selling and closing new areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within net new and assigned accounts.
- The representative will work to partner with the customer on renewals and work through any RFP process by identifying gaps in current contract in place and understanding customer needs in order to successfully renew the contract, partnering with other Iron Mountain departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and SLA as appropriate to drive customer retention strategy. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, and contribute to RFP responses.
- Activity within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keep current within market trends.
- Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling
- Minimum of three years of direct sales experience in the services based industry or equivalent
- Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities
- Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills through power messaging
- Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making
- Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of IRM and customer personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues
- Experience in complex sales organizations
- Posses a thorough understanding of strategic selling methodologies
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
- to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
- to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- to complete required training within the allotted time frame