Sr. Business Development Executive (Entertainment Services)
Location(s): East or West Coast areas preferred but will consider any location for the right person/hire!
The Sr. Business Development Executive, Entertainment Services role is responsible for driving net new sales and revenue from prospective and existing customer accounts within our Entertainment Services (ES) vertical. Our client's business maintains the legacy of digital records with industry-leading archive, storage, chain-of-custody processes and preservation facilities that preserve over 22 million films, music and media assets. Whether it's Paramount Pictures, the University of Southern California or countless other leading media companies, they turn to them to protect their most critical assets – and make them accessible for future generations.
The role sells solutions through prospecting, networking and executing on account plans and marketing initiatives to increase company footprint within entertainment services accounts resulting in revenue growth and quota attainment.
The role increases our footprint with through the following key objectives:
- Assesses prospective and assigned customer's current and potential needs, determining appropriate company products and solutions. Develops and implements strategies and business plans through understanding the clients business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Positions and illustrates alternative ways of creating the real value of company's total solution offerings for clients through assessing their problems or opportunities and highlighting company's areas of strength, competitive pricing, customer satisfaction and competitive advantages within each existing and net new accounts.
- Builds customer relationships through strategic conversations to understand organizational business objectives and goals. Understands and influences a wide range of customer stakeholders (including company channel partners) while acting as industry expert to the customer. Partners with key customer decision maker(s) to structure business strategy as it relates to customer requirements (service level expectations, training of company solutions, FBR structure/timetable). Ensures frequent communication to enable superior customer satisfaction and to keep customer educated on emerging industry trends related to customer's organizational information management needs. Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement.
- Continuously prospects to develop net new clients, which include expanding existing relationships and products of assigned accounts. Develops a strategic account plan for each named account leveraging customer knowledge and the company matrixed organization. Maintains a consistent 'pipeline' the enables meeting and exceeding quota attainment. Activities to support pipeline and account activity include, managing timely detailed responses to RFP's, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of company's product offerings.
- Active within industry associations in the market to increase company awareness, through attending trade shows, reviewing whitepapers and keep current within market trends. Maintains a deep knowledge of customer's business trends, current macro and micro economic climate, and potential new business opportunities
- Responsible for final account sales and revenue growth through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a solution proposal, pricing, profitability, liability, and SLA perspective for accounts to meet and exceed quota attainment. Responsible for identifying, selling and closing new areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within net new and assigned accounts
- The Business Development role will work to partner with the customer on net new opportunities and work through Negotiated and RFP sales processes. Must understand customer requirements in order to successfully negotiate the contract, partnering with other company departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and SLA as appropriate. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, as well as lead and contribute to proposal responses process.
- Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management, sales process and solution selling within the entertainment industry
- Must have the proven ability to translate the customer need(s) into solution requirements through creating powerful value propositions and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to influence and negotiate through proven sales skills and needs identification by aligning unique insights to key customer priorities
- Must exhibit excellent written, oral and presentation skills through power messaging
- Encompasses strong interpersonal, planning, analytical skills and business acumen for effective decision making
- Candidates should be able to make business decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of company and customer personnel (to include c-level) on a wide range of topics and issues
- Candidate must have or quickly develop strong Power Messaging and Challenger Selling skills and incorporate these into their regular selling routine.
- Ability to develop, maintain and present to senior level management within their customer base
- Create demand by understanding specific vertical market business challenges, delivering entry point value statements, value propositions, and by identifying the key buying influences in a complex sales environment
- Ability to present to senior level management
- Negotiation skills
- Account / relationship management
- Effective questioning techniques
- Proficient with oral and written communication
- Total travel up to 25%
- Education / Experience: 4-year College Degree / 4 – 7 years