We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Heart Walk Director within our San Diego Division.
The Senior Heart Walk Director is responsible for advancing the American Heart Association's mission through the planning, management and implementation of the annual Heart & Stroke Walk campaign – the AHA's premier event for raising funds to save lives from this country's No. 1 and No. 5 killers - heart disease and stroke.
Under direction of the San Diego Area Vice President of Development, the Senior Heart Walk Director will lead a team of two Heart Walk Directors and an Administrative Associate in driving three major Heart Walk events - two in San Diego and one in Temecula. This player/coach will be responsible for leading the cultivation of corporate sponsorships, individual donors and volunteer recruitment to meet an overall team fundraising goal of $1.6M
Additional key responsibilities include:
- Leads staff in identifying and recruiting a group of influential, financially strong and inclusive volunteer leadership members to support campaign
- Leads a team of staff and volunteers to leverage and manage relationships to achieve event sponsorship and participant income
- Develops and implements year-round cultivation plans ensuring superior donor relations, with a strong focus on driving new business.
- Conducts daily calls and meetings in assigned market, developing mutually satisfying relationships with corporations and top-level donors
- Oversees Heart Walk team in driving participant income by recruiting and leading team captains, participants and executive level volunteers, providing effective orientation, training, development, activation and customer service
- Drives organizational change through employers to build a culture of health by adopting AHA workplace health initiatives
- Attends and participates in frequent internal meetings focused on strategies to meet fundraising and mission goal
- Day to day management of the fundraising team, including onboarding, training, professional development, performance management and coaching
- Communicates timely with VP of Development, SVP and internal and external customers
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience in fundraising, sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a management capacity. Must have experience in managing team of fundraising or outside sales professionals
- Demonstrated track record in building effective, collaborative teams of staff and/or volunteers
- Proven ability to think strategically, analyze market data and identify key trends
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and to work evenings and weekends on occasion
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing and cultivating high-level leaders at the c-suite level
- Experience managing a large portfolio of sales
- Knowledge of corporate and community networks
- Knowledge of AHA's mission and programs