Overview / Responsibilities
Wood ASA Downstream & Chemicals Operation Services has a career opportunity for a Senior Business Development Account Executive in the downstream and chemicals sector.
Deer Park, TX – Occasional travel in the Gulf Coast area.
- Position is to expand the business development efforts of Wood ASA Downstream & Chemicals Operation Services business. Primary responsibility is targeting business development with new and existing clients in the downstream sector, for Engineering, Construction, EPC of capital projects, Operations & Maintenance and Turnarounds.
- Position requires forecasting of revenue and project tracking utilizing Wood Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System.
- Position requires preparation of Approval to Propose (ATP) and Approval to Submit (ATS) forms for all major proposals. This requires presenting job scope, contract, execution strategy and bid to win strategy to Senior Management prior to submitting the proposal.
- Serve on client account teams as a senior member to complete active, focused and successful business development and generate significant sales growth with a selected group of key client accounts.
- Drive growth through large projects, programs and opportunities
- Leverage Wood relationships with existing and new customers
- Drive sales opportunities through entire spectrum of Wood services and champion cross-divisional sales approach
- Partner with appropriate Sector Leaders and Business Managers to create and sell solutions to key clients
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Anticipate medium- and long-term client needs and industry dynamics
- Understand how to align business to execute global strategy of Wood
- Innovate and enhance geographic footprint and integrated approach
- Work closely with Operations managers to deliver profitable, safe and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Client Account Managers
- Operations Managers, Area Managers and Wood BD representing all services throughout the organization.
Skills / Qualifications
This leader will be a high integrity executive with a commitment to delivering on promises. She/he will be a strong leader and manager with a strategic mindset. This leader will possess in-depth experience with a proven track record as a key contributor to a global leadership team. She/he will be capable of developing tactical and strategic plans and programs designed to achieve business and sales objectives. The individual we seek will:
- Possess the experience and confidence to build and grow sales through exceptional client account management
- Currently has established relationships with Tier I and Tier II clients in the Houston ship channel and I-10 corridor area within chemical plants, refineries and terminals
- Possess at least 15 years' experience in Business Development activities, specifically in construction/engineering in the Petrochemical industry.
- Possess strong teambuilding and influencing skills
- Have existing long-term client relationships with key clients and proven track record in selling E, EPC, O&M and TAR type projects in the petrochemical sector.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, or Engineering. MBA or equivalent highly desirable.
- 15 years + of related experience
- Industry affiliations / network membership desirable
- Strong technical and management background including progressively responsible leadership roles in operation management or project manager roles and/or business development roles
- Strong, proven client development/management skills, including preparation of RFI's, RFP's, contract review/negotiations. Must possess excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to coordinate meetings, conduct effective client presentations and prepare written reports.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy