Senior Business Developer and Project Director
Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is seeking a Senior Business Developer and Project Director to expand business opportunities and meet with potential clients to identify and craft projects/work that align with Westat's Center for Association Services. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of proven marketing techniques in the association and foundation sector, possess familiarity with survey research and the capabilities that Westat offers in the association marketing space, and have experience with similar clients. Candidates should have and understanding of the research and data management needs of associations as well as data driven decision making and how it applies to organizations.
- · Manage all phases of the design, implementation, and production of research projects on a wide variety of topics.
- · Lead innovation process to enhance association and foundation business development.
- · Identify new business opportunities, expand Westat’s name recognition and reputation and augment Westat’s portfolio in the association space.
- · Craft and submit proposals to potential clients.
- · Design and manage projects for association clients including identification and coordination of team.
- · Manage clients and serve as the main point of contact for clients.
- · Coordinate the continuous monitoring of project status and recording of changes to goals and plans.
- · Set and manage project timelines and field inquiries regarding projects.
- · Write and edit reports or data visualization.
- · Complete project assignments, tasks and deliverables as assigned.
- · Work with staff from various backgrounds and discipline as well as provide mentoring to staff.
- · A Master’s degree in Business Administration and 10 plus years of experience in fields related to business administration, association and non-profit organization management.
- · Ability to travel as required to maintain Westat presence and work with a broad client base.
- · Experience in business development, program development and growth.
Extensive experience with database development and management using Microsoft Excel and other software applications is essential. Possess excellent writing skills, particularly for technical reports as well as interpersonal, management and organizational skills. You must have the ability to take initiatives, work independently with minimal direct supervision, be detail oriented, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities and prioritize and set own deadlines.