The Business and Data Sr Manager oversees all reporting and data functions for a complex department in support of the Business and Technology Services -- Client Contact Center line of business. Functions will include supervising numerous data systems and networks, organizing and analyzing data to perform financial control and budgeting assessments. The Business and Data Sr Manager will also be responsible for establishing reporting methodologies for audit/compliance adherence through quality assurance, operational statistics analysis and the reporting out of initiative performance. As a direct report, the Business and Data Manager will also act in the advisory role to the Head of Contact Center in evaluating current methods and developing strategies to implement changes and opportunities for efficiencies and improvements. Information presented by the Business and Data Analyst should enable better, faster decision-making by delivering insights.
Prepares the senior leader for key meetings, overseeing the preparation of relevant materials and talking points (e.g. Quarterly Business Reviews, regulatory meetings, committee meetings)
Supports the aggregation of multiple data sources to create a holistic view of business activities and how they align to the enterprise strategy.
- Review operational statistics, including the business impacts of implementing initiatives and how they affect the client experience in the short and long term.
- Partner with internal colleagues in other areas of the bank to build scalable solutions for data analysis and business process improvement.
- Establish a post mortem, variance analysis program that points back to business processes that identify financial and operational risks to the business.
- Create dashboard designs by leveraging multiple data sources while ensuring data integrity through a rigorous validation process.
- Business intelligence tool expert (Tableau, etc) able to incorporate various data points into an effective view.
- Build short and long term budgets by using complex forecasting methodologies to prepare the business for scale.
- Provide financial models specific to scenarios for the business.
- Outline a key set of reports for the business to maintain and provide executive leadership.
- Identify and understand key business problems and help deliver solutions by unlocking the power of data.
- Develop business cases and cost-benefit analyses associated with new project considerations.
- Run queries against application databases and/or the Bank's data warehouse and assists with the preparation of periodic or ad hoc reports for distribution to line units and senior management.
- *Bachelor's degree
- *Minimum 5 years of experience with finance, banking and/or risk management systems
- *Minimum 5 years of experience in business analysis, modeling and database querying tools
- *Minimum 6 years of related experience as an analyst supporting medium to large size projects
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to apply business, data, process, and object-oriented modeling techniques.
- Understanding of data structure, and integrated system environment
- Possesses solid problem-solving and analytical skills
- Communicates easily with varying stakeholders
- Be proactive and highly motivated; demonstrate the ability and desire to work independently and confidently, but as part of a team
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-motivate
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Veterans
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.