The Enterprise Information Risk and Cybersecurity (EIRC) department is growing! We are looking for a Senior Business Data Analyst to support our multi-functional Risk Analytics product teams. We in EIRC is charged with building a clear risk-strategy connection based on reliable, high-quality data to correlate Security metrics and insights with our risk appetite and tolerances resulting in value-driven IT risk management decisions.
The ideal candidate for this role comes with 4 - 7 years of experience working in an Information Risk Management or Cybersecurity environment and is excited to perform sophisticated business analysis of IT risk and controls data using exploratory data analysis, statistical methods, and data visualization techniques. You will communicate technical analysis outcomes to our business partners via professional presentations, technical writing, visual reports and dashboards using Power BI. You will work across our Risk Analytics Program in support of our vision: Unify actions and decisions around our most critical IT risks and strengthen the security ecosystem through orchestration of metrics and insights driven by integrated risk data and a scalable data platform.
What's the role?
- Determine standard methodologies and develop useful insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues.
- Work closely with internal business partners to identify analytical requirements and handle special analytical initiatives as needed.
- Assist in implementing and developing systems to gather business operation information.
- Assist Product Owners with requirements gathering, documentation, and backlog prioritization.
- Embody servant leadership and partner with risk analysts, data engineers, data scientists, and Product Owners to drive the delivery of working software, secure technology platforms, data analysis reporting, self-service dashboards, and financial industry security compliance.
- Identify opportunities for experimentation and growth for continuous improvement within the Risk Analytics Program.
- Work with business partners, risk analytics product teams, and senior management to effectively communicate IT risk information and security metrics.
- Support translation of cyber transformation priorities into functional and technical requirements for analytical products and services.
- Educate business partners in the Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR)TM and FAIR Controls Analytics Model (FAIR-CAM)TM.
- Train Subject Matter Experts in calibrated estimation and various measurement methods.
Preferred experience and professional certifications:
- Validated experience working with agile teams in software development, risk management, security/ risk assessment, security compliance, information risk auditing or risk analytic environments.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and communicate to all levels of the organization, familiarity with standard qualitative & quantitative risk assessment processes and risk quantification methodologies.
- Effective communication and writing skills. Able to tell a story through compelling data visualizations.
- Passion for operational excellence, problem solving, and ownership in accomplishing results-oriented goals.
- Experience with JIRA and JIRA Align or similar work management tools.
- Experience working in agile environments like Scrum and SAFe.
- Strong knowledge of and working experience with Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR)TM and FAIR Controls Analytics Model (FAIR-CAM)TM.
- One or more advanced risk or cybersecurity certifications (e.g. CRISC, CISA, CISM, CCSP, CISSP, Open Group FAIR).
- Experience in Financial Services or Insurance industry.
- Highly competitive compensation, including annual bonus opportunities
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans, matching 401(k), pension program
- Tuition reimbursement, commuter plans, and paid time off
- Extensive Professional Training Opportunities
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Hackathons/Dedication to Innovation