This role will focus on risk policy development for our Capital & Lending products and other new Fintech products. Responsibilities will focus on fraud detection and prevention, but elements of credit risk management may also be expected. The lead is responsible for driving fraud risk aspects of business initiatives as well as respond to fraud-related events and demands. Successful candidates for this role will leverage fraud risk expertise, financial analytics and innovative risk strategies to enable Intuit’s SMB growth and expansion, achieve optimal profitability, and enhance trust-related business and consumer experience.
Come join the Strategic Risk team as a Senior Business Data Analyst, Fraud Risk.
What you'll bring
- Strong business acumen with a 3+ years’ work experience in related field/position.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Finance, Economics, or a related field. MBA or graduate degree in a related field a plus.
- Worked in diverse and challenging environment to drive growth, customer experience and profitability.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with and understand technical subjects and emerging technologies.
- Experience in statistical analysis and adept in tools such as SQL, Python, R, SAS, Excel
- Domain expertise in payments and risk management is ideal for this role
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be responsive and available during times of peak fraud activity.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Understanding of Data Science modelling concepts is a plus
How you will lead
- Ability to analyze & research large data sets and translate insights into risk and business opportunities/requirements
- Test into and recommend 3rd party data providers that solve for Consumer Fraud, Business Fraud, Email/Device/IP etc. to detect & prevent fraud on platform
- Design and scale risk processes to cover an increasingly large and complex landscape of small business risks given our rapidly expanding user base
- Design, implement, and monitor experiments to explore new methodologies and estimate key metrics for risk policy effectiveness and efficiency
- Ability to perform quantitative and business trade off decisions and create policies to prevent fraud in payments and payroll
- Deliver ideas and insights as you collaborate with partner teams, such as engineering, data science & operations to build risk detection systems that drives overall efficiency, customer experience and agent investigation capabilities
- Effectively communicate fraud strategy and results to the leadership team
- Effectively able to work with product and technology teams to build risk solutions and partner with risk operations to operationalize solutions and get feedback.
- In addition, the candidate should bring a high level of enthusiasm to the projects and the ability to organize and motivate large groups. This includes taking initiative, ownership and responsibility for a project
- Must have good judgement with the ability to think creatively and strategically.