TheData Analyst develops and maintains logical and physicaldatabase designs for clients andinternal applications. They work with functional, programming, and client teams to define client business and design elegantdatabase solutions that meet their needs while minimizing data redundancy and adhering to strict standards. TheData Analyst oversees the arrival, validation, cleansing, and loading of all external data into corporatedatabases.
- Create, maintain, and document all tables, views, snapshots and otherdatabase objects created for development
- Analyze and process complex data from varied sources to confirm its referential integrity to logical and physical models
- Coordinate and perform detailed, complex data cleansing
- Design, implement, and document exception handling for non-standard and redundant data
- Transform and standardize data (e.g., names, addresses)
- Design, implement, and document shell scripts and PL/SQL procedures to execute loads into databases
- Manage, maintain, and document client, schema, and program codes common between clients and internal databases
- Investigate batch job processing errors (e.g., aborted data processing) and manage its resolution via queued tasks and tickets
- Analyze and question incoming change requests with the potential for negative system impact (e.g., poor query performance)
- 5+ years of experience in the below mentioned.
- Experience with RDBMS systems
- Experience with relational database design experience
- Experience with back-end database programming (e.g., Oracle’s PL/SQL, SQL*Loader, SQL)
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems
- Experience with database design tools (e.g., Designer/2000, ERWIN)
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Experience with XML / XSLT transformation.
- Java Web Development experience is a plus.
- Automotive After Market Catalogue knowledge is a plus
- Industry standards like ACES and PIES knowledge is a plus
Some travel may be required for offsite software installation, training, configuration, and so on.