What you will be doing
The Senior Data Analyst designs, develops and delivers analytics insights for Lash clients, helping them better serve patients and improve the delivery and use of their products. Our Senior Insights Analyst (IA) utilizes extensive pharmaceutical/health services industry experience with advanced analytics skills to understand strategic, customer needs and then prepare finished analysis to help drive strategic recommendations.
The Senior Data analyst delivers reporting and analytics, along with insights gleaned from each. Senior Data Analysts are aligned with internal and external stakeholders for our most complex and challenging workloads, and they insure all analytics deliverables and program data are high quality. The Senior Data Analyst receives very little oversight for the preparation of their deliverables, and they share their analytics techniques with others on the Business Analytics Team to continuously improve our capabilities. Senior Data Analysts are also expected to provide mentoring and development support to mid-level and junior staff.
The Senior Data Analyst works in partnership with Analytics Consultants, who also serve on the Business Analytics Team. Analytics Consultants manage the customer relationship and develop the program of work, while the Senior IA performs the discovery and analysis work, prepares analytic deliverables, and briefs stakeholders on the results. Collectively Data Analysts and Consultants take general direction from Program Directors and Lash Executives. The Senior IA is keenly aware of project deliverable timelines and proactively plans to coordinate with others.
•Understand Analytic Needs and Prepare Deliverables
- Understand Client product strategy and Lash services, and how each is reflected in internal and external data.
- Collaborate with Analytics Consultants, Client representatives and Operations stakeholders to target analytics opportunities and define deliverable scope.
- Assess tasks and timelines required for on-time, quality deliverables.
- Prepare analytics-optimized data.
- Develop models and perform analysis to final client deliverables.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share and propagate best practices.
•Direct-Request Reporting Services
- Prepare deliverables to meet client-directed, ad hoc reporting requests.
- Deliver output in a timely manner, in accordance with contractual SLAs, as stated in the MSA.
- Share insights gleaned from ad hoc requests with all appropriate account stakeholders.
- Assist Business Reporting Team in the maintenance, oversight, and distribution of analytics and reporting deliverables.
•Data Quality Management
- Understand and develop business rules to be applied to analytics data
- Assist with development and storage of analytics-ready data to facilitate reporting and development of analytic deliverables
- Help maintain a data reporting environment that provides consistent and accurate reporting of the client’s data
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design analytics and reporting deliverables, especially around data visualization best practices, and creation.
- Perform data abstraction, cleansing, validation, modeling, interpretation and reporting.
- Act as the data expert, leading the way in data discovery, both proactively and by request, to identify key insights and trends to help drive strategic recommendations.
- Provide consulting support on all data-related solutions (program design, report design, data feed design, data aggregation, etc.).
- Deliver ad hoc reporting and analytics within an agreed-upon SLA.
- Ensure solutions meet the client’s needs, support the extraction of actionable information, and align with client objectives.
- Act as the voice of the client internally at Lash Group to ensure solutions are provided with high-quality to meet the client’s needs.
- Emphasize the customer experience with each interaction and deliverable.
- Play an active role in business reviews, especially in reviewing analytical findings and in strategic planning discussions.
What your background should look like
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires strong experience in querying and structuring relational databases using SQL, with at least 8 years of experience
- Completion of a four yearBachelors’ degree program, preferably with an emphasis in statistics, economics, data and analytics, computer science, or mathematics
- Ability to create new or leverage existing analysis models and apply them to aligned program using business knowledge
- Requires expertise in business intelligence platforms such as Qlik, Tableau or like platforms, with at least 7 years of experience
- Experience overseeing data deliveries and understanding/applying business rules
- Extensive industry experience in pharmaceutical, payer, or health services industry preferred
- Experience overseeing large-scale data initiatives
- Ability to effectively interact with business partners and external clients
- Requires extensive training and knowledge of data visualization best practices
- Must have high-level knowledge of Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Advanced analytics and predictive modeling experience highly valued
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Customer-focused and solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong interpersonal and partnership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and self-directed.
- Strong time management skills - able to prioritize, organize and plan work effectively.
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent projects while maintaining a solid attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to integrate and analyze multiple sources of data.
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret business level data.