Description: The Senior Manager of Health Plan Business Consulting provides executive level visibility into the Health Plan Business Consulting Services (BCS) project portfolio through project performance monitoring, dashboard reporting and other forms of status communication. The Senior Manager also directly manages associate level consultants within the BCS team, developing their capabilities to support the large scale strategic initiatives within the BCS portfolio. Furthermore, the Senior Manager acts as a liaison with BCS project stakeholders, KP Information Technology (KPIT), and other regional departments to support project conception and priority setting.In fulfilling these responsibilities, the Senior Manager will operate in close collaboration with the Director for Health Plan Business Consulting and will act as the Director's deputy in delivering on some of the region's most important program objectives.
- Establish and oversee project and program level reporting and dashboards for the BCS program. Facilitate executive level briefings on BCS initiatives to provide visibility into progress and support program level decision making.
- Recruit, manage, and develop associate level consulting staff within the BCS team. Ensure that staff are appropriately allocated to projects in partnership with senior consultants. Provide direction and expertise to associate level staff in overcoming project obstacles.
- Collaborate and align with KPIT and other regional project delivery teams to support executive level oversight over the region's investments in information technology and enable more effective establishment of regional priorities.
- Provide program management direction and consultative support on 'troubled' or under-supported projects upon request from the Director for Health Plan Business Consulting.
- Provide operational oversight of the MACESS work flow system; including management of BCS staff assigned to administration of the system and support for transition to other work flow systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum eight (8) years of program/project management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of direct management/supervisory experience in a large, complex organization.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working directly with Sr. Executives and delivering executive level presentations at a large organization.
- Ability to build, develop, and manage high performing teams.
- Knowledge and experience in project management, portfolio management methodologies and tools.
- Graduate degree in healthcare, business or management discipline preferred.
- PMI (Project Management Institute) certification preferred.
- Familiarity with health plan operations preferred.
Job Number: 627113