What you'll be doing…
The Senior Business Consultant is the premier implementer of Tableau Products, a visual analyst using Tableau Products and the steward of Tableau best practices.
You'll be called on to coach customers in the configuration of the Tableau environment and reports destined for the final audience. Your technical and analytical expertise will nurture customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases.
This is not a coding or customization position, rather a coaching role to lead the configuration of the Tableau environment for customers to generate initial reports suitable for distribution to the final audience.
Some of the things you'll be doing include…
- Provide billable professional services which meet or exceed sales teams' quota
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau's products
- Conduct needs analysis, data reviews, and product demonstrations
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with customers assisting and guiding them through the proposal and implementation process
- Drive all aspects of successful implementations from requirements and design to training and delivery
- Generate SOWs (Statement of Work) and Document final solutions for customers
- Be responsive to customer demands and mitigate objections or product deficiencies
- Provide onsite customer training and professional services
- Heavy travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts
Who you are…
- Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau's products will improve the world - one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
- Go-Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Energy and Creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work.
- Data Rock Star. You have a background in Computer Science, with a deep understanding of the power of databases, business intelligence suites and data analysis tools.
- Highly Technical. You have strong technical skills across various technologies & an impeccable business acumen. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Experienced. 5+ years experience as Consultant or Project Manager knowledgeable in Business Objects, Cognos, Oracle or Crystal Reports. Experience with SQL or MDX (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Analysis Services, Essbase, Netezza, etc.). 3-5 years experience with Microsoft Active Directory or NT Lan Manager (NTLM).
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!