Reporting to the Senior Manager, Functional Implementation, the Senior Business Consultant (Loans) is responsible for data analysis and mapping, system configuration, implementation, consultative training and/or reinforcement of training, and implementation support of software applications for new and existing clients. Follow project standards within established timeframes and at defined quality levels, and ensure projects are completed according to schedule and client specifications. This position is client-facing and requires travel to the client site as the project warrants. Work performed is typically moderately complex.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Your deliverables as a Senior Business Consultant (Loans) will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Interact with client, consultatively, to determine project requirements and needs analysis.
- Establish and/or assist client with configuring system parameters and controls based on client’s business practices and processes; recommend best practices; review setup with clients and gain client acceptance.
- Conduct data analysis and mapping activities for assigned applications if applicable. Analyze source data files and map data to target application for use by technical resources to develop programs.
- Provide on-site or remote support during client conversions as applicable.
- Establish and/or assist client with establishing system parameters and controls based on client’s business practices and processes, recommend best practices, review setup with clients, and gain client acceptance.
- Conduct data mapping activities for assigned applications if applicable. Analyze source data files and map data to target application for use by technical resources to develop programs.
- Test and troubleshoot system configuration and functionality.
- Validate new system input, output, and connectivity. Identify, research, and assist in resolving any issues with technical resources.
- Facilitate converted database validation work sessions with clients as applicable.
- Assess and report risks during project and participate in the development and implementation of mitigation plans.
- Communicate project scope, status, and risks to all stakeholders.
- Record accurate and timely accounting of time spent on project related activities.
- Follow established project, departmental, company procedures and quality standards.
- Follow established project management standards. Provide activities related to the management of assigned implementation projects to bring the project to a timely close and transition the client appropriately.
- Complete post-implementation tasks in a timely manner.
- Update internal documentation as applicable.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal staff including, but not limited to, sales, development, support, training, professional services as needed.
- Participate in the development of implementation or training content. Conduct software training and/or reinforce prior training to both external clients and internal staff.
- Maintain, enhance, and broaden knowledge and skills of software applications and industry practices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in relevant area of expertise, preferably for a financial institution or an industry software company.
- Client facing service experience required.
- Software implementation, support, or training experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with project management disciplines preferred.
- Experience with Finastra products a plus.