We are looking for Senior Business and Data Analyst for our client in Malden, MA
Job Title: Senior Business and Data Analyst
Job Location: Malden, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is in the process of implementing improvements to data collection applications and implementing standard data collection formats and processes for school districts across the Commonwealth.
- The Schools Interoperability Framework (SIF) is the standard format that all districts will utilize to report student, course, personnel and discipline information to the state.
- The goals of our program are to (1) increase the quality and availability of data (2) reduce the amount of redundant work performed by districts to manipulate data for each collection and (3) establish a framework to support the future direction and needs of the Commonwealth which include real-time collection and sharing of information.
- EOE is seeking a Senior Business & Data Analyst to add to the team.
- This person will be responsible for all aspects of business requirements and data analysis of a web based software development project.
- This position will work with the project team to define scope, analyze business needs, gather and document business and data requirements using industry standard practices and tools.
- This is a lean and agile project.
- The ideal candidate can work in all functional areas of the application.
- They will also have experience in all phases of business and data analysis.
- Following EPMO best practice guidelines, provide business analysis activities for assigned capitally funded projects
- Fulfill requirements with high quality and customer satisfaction
- Cultivate trust and develop strong relationships among peers, customers, and stakeholders
- Collaborate with agencies and other customers to understand strategic goals and objectives, define requirements, assess product fit to business needs, and reengineer business processes as needed
- Provide timely communication of project activities and status to project manager
- Work with stakeholders, vendors and business owners to assess and document business processes.
- Conduct all interviews and\or meetings needed to document current business process.
- Assist in the development of and approval of the business process documentation.
- Help team members elaborate their requirements; analyze gaps, permutations, inconsistencies, constraints, assumptions, and risks so that requirements are clear, concise, etc.
- The goal is for the SBA to do the heavy-lifting on the analytical work of requirements gathering and test preparation so that the SMEs can be freed up to focus on identifying their program and policy needs - and implementing them.
- Apply the functional framework and integration framework for the project; identify the functions and integrated systems relevant to each release and the SMEs needed to support its delivery.
- Assess if there is a SME constraint across releases.
- Participate in Change Management processes to assess and advise on the impact of release requirements being changed, added, or dropped
- Provide support to the QA and Technical Writing resources to write test scripts and provide content review for necessary training and user manuals
- Advise the Testing Manager of test coverage needs for each release's functional requirements.
- Review test cases, expected results, and actual results to ensure that the spirit and intent of all functional requirements are met.
- Review defects and enhancements to ensure they are appropriately prioritized; revise them when they are not
- Review deliverables related to new releases
- Identify, trap, and solve problems as needed
Education and Experience Level:
- Bachelor's Degree required (business or technical degrees are preferred)
- At least 5 years of professional business analysis experience.
- Knowledge of the accepted practices of the Business Analysis profession.
- Extensive experience in business analysis and requirements definition for IT systems.
- Extensive experience with UML modeling including context diagrams and Use Case modeling (identifying and describing use cases, actors, etc.), domain model diagrams (entity relationship modeling) and activity diagrams.
- Familiarity with both Waterfall methodologies and Agile principles (Scrum methodology) a plus.
- Sensitivity to interpersonal, organizational and political challenges, and an understanding of how to navigate them effectively.
- Ability to promote teamwork and maintain effective communication within and across groups.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and in an agile manner.
- Ability to switch focus based on changing priorities.