Western Union is changing. Yes, we’re the company that moves money around the world quickly and reliably in 200 countries and territories. We are also present in over 510,000 locations bringing immense distribution convenience to our consumers. But we’re on the cusp of becoming much more than that. Our vision is to be the preferred financial services provider for the underserved – billions of people and businesses with unmet financial service needs. That means aggressively pursuing digital, mobile, ATM/kiosk and stored value card strategies that meet the needs of today’s global consumers and businesses. So if you’re looking for a company on the move – and truly one of the most diverse work environments on the planet – then Western Union could be for you.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Business Analyst, based at Western Union‘s Englewood, CO location. In this role, you will serve as a liaison between the internal and external business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet our organizational needs, translate high-level and complex business requirements into functional specifications, manage changes to requirements and specifications and educate the IT organization on the direction of the business.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
- Gather information on, and documentation of, work processes and information flows.
- Evaluate current-state processes and identify areas for improvement in business, support and implementation processes.
- Possess an understanding of technological trends and how they can be used to enhance Western Union’s competitive edge.
- Act as project lead to create milestones, manage resources, coordinate deliverables and meet timelines
- Identify, develop and implement solutions for various business initiatives using Oracle product’s (EBS, Siebel, and OBIEE), Web based application’s (Java/.Net), and other COTS application’s
- Coordinate issue resolution with development, QA, infrastructure, and operational teams
- Assist and support end-user acceptance testing
- Act as subject matter expert and provide best practices recommendations
- Familiarity with Plan-Build-Run model in a Managed Services environment
- Establish and maintain a close working relationship with business partners to understand business processes and proactively recommend solutions
- Gather detailed business requirements and perform gap analyses, document functional/technical specification documents
- Work independently through business analysis and project management methodologies to ensure completion of all assigned deliverables
- Act as project lead to create milestones, manage resources, coordinate deliverables and meet timeline
What you will need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Information Technology, Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years related experience as a Business Analyst, Software Developer, or QA Analyst
- Assist with identifying and documenting data and integration issues and support Integration work streams
- Individual must be committed to accuracy, attention to detail and customer service
- Demonstrated experience as a 'senior' resource gathering and documenting business requirements, leading fit-gap analysis, as-is and to-be business process designs, and testing
- Manage the internal project management tool and experience in handling smaller size projects
- Expertise in understanding the Dev/QA estimates
- Execute tasks in accordance with the defined project work plan
- Perform other project-related duties, as requested
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, time management/organizational skills, and the ability to work independently
What it’s like here: