The Business Analyst will review existing documentation regarding upgrades and enhancements of the current system, research national best practices, participate in requirements gathering and process diagramming sessions with the ELR program and ITS staff, provide recommendations, and submit written documentation to the program and project managers.
– Acting as primary liaison between Information Technology department and Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) program.
– Gathering and documenting business requirements for upgrades and enhancements of Arizona's ELR system.
– Supporting the organization's key business processes and applications and recommending business process redesign where applicable.
– Translating requirements into business, functional and use case documents for large, complex projects.
– Developing and executing comprehensive system test plans, conditions, test scripts, and test cases.
– Maintaining business systems standards by applying project management methods, tools and processes as standard practice.
– Preparing and delivering informative, well-organized presentations and project status reviews to stakeholders including process owners, customers and stakeholders.
– Collaborating with Program Staff, Enterprise Architects, Database Administrators, Project Managers, Information Security staff and Management on all project goals.
– Participate in change management processes with ELR and ITS Team members to ensure alignment of strategic goals and project objectives
– Supporting a diverse multi-cultural workforce that reflects the community, promotes equal opportunity at all levels of ADHS, and creates an inclusive work environment that enables all individuals to perform to their fullest potential free from discrimination.
Requires Knowledge Of:
– Business analysis, data analytics, considerable working of methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design, business process modeling, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and software development General knowledge of policies, procedures, programs and business goals
– Proficiency with Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
– Information technology principles and practices
– Computer programming techniques, standards, best practices and procedures
– Relational database concepts, and 3-tier architecture model
– Performance management (PM) model and continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods in a public health setting
Requires Skills In:
– Strong customer service
– Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication
– Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources in a proficient analytical manner
– Consolidate details and extract to functional requirements
– Project management
– Continuous quality improvement
– Conflict management
– Active listening
Requires Ability to:
– Balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
– Work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
– Synthesize feedback and adjust plans accordingly
– Build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
– Effectively translate user requirements into business, functional and test scenarios for projects of various sizes and complexity
– Develop and write technical documentation
– Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience in Business Analysis; (or equivalent experience)
– Scrum Master and/or Lean or Six-sigma certification would be highly preferred
– Preference will be given to candidates with prior Healthcare and/or electronic laboratory reporting experience