Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position participates to deliver solutions for the business, including consulting with customers about information mart design and maintenance; gathering and documenting requirements from the department’s customers and for internal service delivery; analyzing user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within scope, cost and schedule constraints; coordinating department resources with inbound requirements; conferring with systems analysts, programmers and others to design information marts and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces; store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements; train users to use new or modified solutions; coordinate software system installation and insure computer equipment meets specifications; and coordinate software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
The position provides coordination between internal and external customers and service providers and the IT departments responsible for the information mart development and enterprise data warehouse services delivered to Valmont’s business segments worldwide, designing positive user experiences. The Senior Business Analyst obtains or creates requirements so levels of effort can be estimated, coordinates with IT and business resources internally and externally, tracks and measures effort, measures progress, provides testing assistance and follow up support to the customer when required. The Senior Business Analyst must also understand existing information marts used by the underlying business processes to insure that standards are maintained and should be able to architect the common blueprint process. Should be able to identify the gaps in AS-IS process, define functional solutions and strategic tool road maps and help to achieve the blueprinted to-be processes implemented through technology solutions.
This role is a front line position with our business users and requires excellent communication skills including training, testing, and project coordination. Duties include Scope and Functional writing of requirements, training and process documentation, while utilizing Valmont lean practices. Limited end user customer training may also be required as necessary on systems. Quality assurance testing may be requiredin conjunction with project members and customer testing.
Assists with complex projects such as the development, maintenance, and enhancement of information marts. Promotes systems standards to maintain smooth operation and technical feasibility alternatives to system problems. Acts as a liaison between Data Warehouse Analyst/Programmers and Business Sponsors. Assignments are detailed in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity. This position is responsible for engaging internal customers with the department’s platforms. The following responsibilities include:
· Interview, gather, record and analyze specific data and system needs from multiple sources
· Building excellent business relationships
· Utilize knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training creation, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
· Utilize knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources
· Analyze business problems and develop solutions if required by the business
· Develop metrics to communicate both internally to IT management and peers as well as externally to consumers and content authors
· Fluent with ideas and alternatives for solutions to provide options to users and IT
· Sequence complex tasks, orienting execution for efficiency, utilizing a project plan methodology
· Apply both deductive and inductive reasoning appropriate to the situation
· Negotiate situations with end users and IT to provide a solution and/or compromises
· Apply Agile development methodologies and understanding of SCRUM Master role
Other Important Details about the Role:
This employee must be capable of clear, professional and courteous verbal communication and articulate written communication. Communication in person and via telephone and email is required daily and is expected to be tailored to the intended audience. End-user communication must be presented so a non-technical employee can follow instructions to facilitate rapid resolution. Rapport and teamwork must be maintained with all members of Valmont’s IT staff. This person also works directly and independently with business units’ functional communities such as Marketing, HR, Accounting, Operations, Facilities, Security, IT, Executive Management, and Legal Departments, assisting with their daily jobs and use of our platforms.
This person relies on pre-established guidelines as well as to identify new areas where guidelines require development to perform the functions of the job. This job requires the individual to resolve issues reported by end users and ensure that proper resolution or escalation processes are invoked. This employee should be capable of providing effective and logical answers to both technical and non-technical audiences. This position monitors systems to identify issues as they arise and then resolve or escalate issues to preclude end-user calls, such as when server problems occur. This individual must be able to apply critical thinking to complex situations and demonstrate an ability to troubleshoot complex problems with minimal assistance.
The ability to manage time and multiple tasks is critical to this position. The incumbent must be able to work independently with little or no direct supervision. The focus of this individual's decision processes should be resolving business situations and providing effective customer solutions and service to end users, as measured against fair and reasonable expectations set by the business and IT management.
The employee is to participate within the department and follow direction from Valmont Leadership. Subjective measurements are obtained from key IT personnel within Valmont to ensure that other non-measured job functions, such as escalation and user security administration, are correct.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor's degree with 6+ years relevant experience or Associate’s Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Strong business analysis / consulting background
· Strong SQL skills
· MS Office skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Demonstrate the ability to pass basic skills assessments
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong initiative; a self-starter
· Demonstrated ability to effectively complete multiple and concurrent assignments independently or as part of a team
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet aggressive project deadlines
· Strong presentation skills
· Problem-solving and analytical ability
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, servant leader, priority focused, dynamic environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT) or Computer Science
· Business systems and process knowledge
· Five years of working knowledge of Microsoft Power BI, Tableau and other BI technologies
· Five years of experience functioning as a project team lead or project coordinator
Working Environment and Physical Efforts
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Minimal travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk when moving about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.