This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Here’s the thing about challenges. They provide limitless opportunities for greatness. And what we have in mind for you is definitely big. At UnitedHealth Group, we’re changing the future of health care and we have the expertise, advanced technology and global resources to make it happen. As a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll work with the brightest minds in the business and find yourself digging deep to find the solutions to help people live healthier lives. You’ll be responsible for analyzing, reviewing and forecasting data for operational and business planning to impact the health care system. What could be more satisfying than that? Join us!
This is a complex, fast-paced, matrixed environment with a lot of moving parts. The challenge is in developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. You’ll be expected to interpret and analyze large amounts of data from multiple sources and use it to tell a meaningful story.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data
- Present analysis and recommendations for operational and business review / planning
- Support short- and long-term operational / strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop, recommend and implement business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
- 5+ years of Business Analyst / Quality Assurance Analyst experience
- Data analysis experience using SQL and Microsoft Excel (analyze data, pivot tables, sort / filter, create graphs and charts)
- Process Mapping using Microsoft Visio (or similar tool)
- Experience gathering requirements from the client / business and documenting
- Experience using Case / User Story development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills and technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with competing priorities across multiple projects
- Ability to work with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks