The IT Sr. Business Analyst (SAP) supports applications and business processes focusing on Sales, Service and Distribution. The Business Analyst is responsible for defining and supporting business processes and transactions consistent with the requirements and strategic direction of Hill-Rom. This position is relied upon to understand the business needs, enable those needs within the SAP system, and verify that the transactions are processing as expected. This includes coordination with other Business Analysts, business users and technical developers.
Hill-Rom is undergoing a global ERP consolidation where we are consolidating divisions to a single SAP instance. We have a roadmap to move from ECC 6.0 to S/4 Hana in the next three years. This position will be key to obtaining this goal. The candidate will have a large role in delivering this roadmap.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a liaison between business users and system development and configuration experts, within the Enterprise Software system, including, but not limited to SAP
- Translate business requirements into assignments and tasks. Develop a project plan with tasks, resource requirements, timelines, dependencies, and budget, as necessary depending on size
- Configures system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing to meet business requirements.
- Develop and implement a testing strategy and comply with the requirements of SDLC change control process
- Create cutover planning to ensure seamless integration of new process and changes into existing business applications
- Designs details within SAP and provides consultation and possibly training to users.
- Organize appropriate work instruction and SOP documentation for project implementations
- Recognized as the "go to" person for a business process or major component of a program.
- Works on assignments of broad scope and complexity and uses high level analytical skills to develop workable solutions to resolve complex problems.
- The IT Sr. Business Analyst has overall responsibility for business continuity including break/fix. The third-party vendors are managed/directed by the BA with overall vendor management by the IT Director
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or local equivalent of same
- 5 - 7 years of experience (minimum = 3)
- SAP ECC6 and S4/Hana experience desired
- ERP Transformation project experience desired
- SDLC experience in a regulated industry desired