Seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst who can elicit and define system and user requirements through observation, interviews, and analysis. You'll be part of a dedicated, self-organizing, cross-functional Agile team, working with the business and stakeholders to refine backlog and prioritize story cards, as well as driving understanding of system, data and process requirements. The role will report to Software Engineering Leader.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you'll play a key role in, analyzing and translating business needs for software development staff, business partners and management. The role requires independent thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. A self-starter with great attention to detail, with the ability to use individual judgment and initiative while working with minimal supervision.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Work with business partners and product owner to refine backlog, prioritize story cards and drive understanding of the business requirements for the call center applications.
- Act as primary point of contact for the team during development to clarify business requirements, resolve issues, and make recommendations.
- Perform detailed business analysis, document system requirements with supporting artifacts including user interface mock-ups, mapping documents and process flows.
- Facilitate planning sessions, working meetings, and workshops to define requirements.
- Become the subject matter expect for the product/domain area.
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate options and help determine optimal solutions.
- Assess the risks of various solutions and help prioritize competing business demands.
- Estimate time requirements for completing features, and assist in overall scope. definition, management and tracking; facilitate the development process.
- Coordinate feature delivery by participating in design reviews and demos to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions.
- Work with project managers, scrum teams and leadership to coordinate sprint activities, project timelines and deliverables throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assume project management duties on small to medium projects.
- Create clear and concise documentation, specifications and training materials where applicable.
- Provide demos and deliver communications to stakeholders, business units, clients, and third parties as needed.
- Effectively manage time with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and handling multiple projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related degree.
- 5+ years' experience as a business system analyst in a large scale IT organization
- In depth understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills on both business and technical subjects.
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and vice versa.
- Strong organization, time management and facilitation skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical thinking with experience tracking and driving deliverables to completion.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, including MS Word, MS Excel and Visio.
- Strong familiarity with XML, JSON and related tools.
- Strong familiarity with project management methodologies and activities.
- Active listening with clients, stakeholders, and third parties.
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bring projects to resolution, sense of urgency with strong follow-up skills
- Certification in business analysis is a plus.
- Scrum certification is a plus.