Senior Business Analyst - Royalties Big Data
5 - 7 years experience • Advertising & Marketing Services
As the leading media company in America, iHeartMedia delivers music, news, talk, sports and other content to diverse audiences across multiple platforms, including: broadcast stations; online via iHeartRadio and on its stations’ hundreds of websites; HD digital radio channels; satellite; smartphones; iPads and other tablets; in-vehicle entertainment and navigation systems; and via live events. With over a quarter of a billion monthly listeners in the U.S., iHeartMedia has the largest reach of any radio and television outlet in America.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will be an integral part of the engineering team to build software applications for the Royalties business function. You will be working closely with the engineering team and the business users to collect business requirements, manage stakeholder expectations and ensure a high quality product delivery to the business. You will be required to work with both technical and non-technical people across different levels of the organization and are comfortable interviewing various stakeholders to capture the right information.
As the Senior Business Analyst, you will:
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders using interviews, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, etc.
- Work closely with the product manager / stakeholders to document the project’s business requirements and support efforts.
- Deliver business requirements documentation and associated artifacts. Collaborate with stakeholders to get stakeholder buy-in of business requirements.
- Document As-is current state and develop future state requirements, workflow and process improvements.
- Use different forms of representation – narratives, value stream maps, flow charts, etc.
- Able to breakdown complex technical concepts to non-technical users
- Working closely with engineers on functional testing and validation of software product. Write test cases, record expected / actual results
- Facilitate our agile processes – grooming, prioritization, retrospectives, etc.
- Participate in product reviews, testing and validation
- Identify key success metrics, active monitoring of the key metrics and implement continuous improvement practices to meet business objectives
- Continually seek ways to optimize and improve all operational aspects of our IT solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in Business Analyst / Program / Project management position in a software development organization
- 3+ years of Agile software practices – SCRUM teams, narratives, user stories, grooming, backlog prioritization, showcases, retrospectives
- Analytical and structured thinking / problem solving – understanding true root causes, effective counter measures and continuous improvement practices, attention to detail
- Hands on experience using agile tools – preferably Jira / Confluence
- Preferred experience with data analysis – basic SQL, data aggregation, etc.
- Data visualization and presentation tools experience is a plus – Tableau, charts, etc.
- Excellent presentation skills to a diverse audience group – technical and non-technical users
- Test planning, develop test suites and perform functional validation of software
- Excellent communication skills – verbal / non-verbal
- Highly organized, exceptional problem solving skills, ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- Proven experience leading projects and delivering against commitments and timelines
- Ability to work independently, and strong desire to overcome challenges and results oriented
- Effective negotiation skills to resolve conflicts and meet business objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment