We are looking for Senior Business Analyst for our client in Quincy, MA
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Job Location: Quincy, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Under the direction of the Project Manager (PM), the Senior Business Analyst's (SBA) primary responsibility will be to lead the business requirements development effort.
- Define and develop business requirements and functional specifications for a software system.
- The SBA will be responsible for conducting feasibility study of existing system, creating user stories from a backlog of requests for enhancements, data conversions and integration with existing enterprise application.
- The SBA will work with business users to plan and document user stories.
- Serve as the primary contact between the technology team and business users; managing and support expectations of business owners.
- Collaborate in end-user training development, communications and implementation.
- Work with help desk operations to create and implement support procedures
- Maintain professional relationship with IT and Business (Bureau\Program ) leadership, with internal & external project teams, with other ITD & EOHHS organization service units, and with the end users
- Develop detailed project plans, work breakdown structures, project checklists and budgets to meet established time frames, funding limitations and staffing availability.
- Responsible for managing business application implementations, upgrades, migration activities, business requirements, managing milestones and deadlines, monitoring project budgets, resource utilization, procurements, costs, payments, and vendor contract management.
- Responsible to ensure all Master Agreements (MA), Requests for Response (RFR) and procurements meet EOHHS and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines.
- Accountable for the ensuring that production and support services meet and\or exceed the business applications support level agreement (SLA) objectives.
- Responsible for participating in continuous improvement workshops and documenting supporting policies, processes, and procedures especially where they have been lacking.
- Coordinates changing Agency priorities with the ACIO, Director of Applications, Project Management Office (PMO) and other IT teams as needed.
- Understand the EOHHS application landscape and ACIO current priorities and identify opportunities to help.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to EOHHS Security, department policies, guidelines and objectives
Education and Experience:
- 6+ years of Business Analysis experience with a strong emphasis around new software development.
- Proven skill and effectiveness in requirements gathering, definition, business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, system design, testing implementation and change management.
- Skill and experienceworking with traditional use case based analysis of business processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to various levels of team members and management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Experience leading solutions from ideation, planning, execution and deployment.
- Demonstrated experience solving business and technical issues while supporting colleagues in a coaching and mentoring capacity.
- Ability to adapt to evolving business processes and operations.