Position is on the research staff of a private, not for profit research institute located in McLean, VA, that specializes in government consulting within a broad spectrum of public policy management. Work will be on client site in Washington, DC and an existing minimal back ground investigation (NACI) and government security clearance is preferred.
Responsibilities are divided into the following categories:
- Provide budget policy, programming guidance, fiscal guidance, and controls to the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) and Mission-based Budgeting processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Program and Acquisition Management processes and Exhibit 300 reporting and documentation.
- Provide subject matter experts (SME) to assist budget policy, programming guidance, fiscal guidance, and controls to the PPBE and Mission-based Budgeting processes.
- Assist in the alignment of budgets with strategic and programmatic goals, and adherence to fiscal guidance and DHS budget policy and excursions
- Manage and participate in system development life-cycle efforts including project management, requirements gathering, system design, testing, data conversion, documentation, training, deployment, and independent verification and validation (IV&V) studies.
- Develop and provide best practices for DHS CPIC efforts, including producing OMB Exhibit 300’s, Expenditure Plans, and Capital Investment Plans.
- Conduct studies, analysis, and workshops related to IT requirements, business process reengineering, life-cycle documentation, business continuity, performance measures, benchmarking with commercial activities, new technology assessments, and distribution of information using electronic commerce techniques.
- Conduct cost benefit and alternatives analyses for government IT programs and systems.
- May assist with proposal development in response to government RFPs and RFIs and participate in business development activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Finance or related field
- Fifteen or more years of experienceworking with government or private sector IT programs or systems
- Demonstrated experience with project management principles & tools (e.g. EVM, Project management software) and ability to lead concurrent multiple tasks and teams.
- Ten or more years of experience with Federal Budget and Financial Support
- Ten or more years of experience with Business Analysis and Strategic Support
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel involved in policy, technical, operational, and program management work.
- Project Management Professional, (PMP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) and/or Agile Project Management