At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t. It’s what makes us “a little different” - along with socks and sandals, of course.
Our Information Technology (IT) team is passionate about using technology to create remarkable customer experiences and streamline operations, with a long list of accomplishments to prove it. We enjoy the benefits of a smaller company – sharing ideas and learning and seeing the immediate impact of our work – while competing with the big guys and enjoying positive work-life balance.
PEMCO is a company of 500+ relationship-focused, jeans-wearing, community-minded people, serving our policyholders from our brand new offices in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle. Come join us!
Why we need you
We are looking for an experienced business analyst to join our Digital Claims development team. You are a good fit for this team if you are passionate about agile development, enjoy creating simple, intuitive web applications, like learning about and deconstructing complex business process, and look for a team culture infused with low bureaucracy, high work ethic and speedy delivery.
The Digital Claims team is assigned a highly priority, business critical initiative. You will be part of a fully dedicated team, using technology to build greater efficiencies for claims processing. Use your natural curiosity and tenacity to streamline workflow and delight our employees with new, modern and easy-to-use technology.
Your end product will be a web portal that integrates 20+ applications into a single user experience. Our claimsadjusters and customers will love you!
What you'll be doing
- Serve as customer-proxy on the development team, responsible for user story creation and prioritization
- Responsible for analyzing and documenting functional system requirements to accompany user stories
- Facilitate requirements-gathering sessions with SMEs from other PEMCO business units, as needed
- Partner with designers and developers on the UI and UX design of new web features, including process and screen flow diagrams, as well as wire framing
- Work on development efforts that include both build and buy solutions
- Responsible for maintenance and production support of all features developed, including incident management and defect triage/prioritization
- Lead demo's for PEMCO stakeholders and act as Business Digital Solutions ambassador throughout the PEMCO organization
- Handle project management needs of smaller development efforts
- Partner with operational groups during the deployment planning for new systems, including prep for training, communication, marketing, production validation, and benefits realization
What you'll bring
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience in an Information Technology type role
- Four or more (4+) years’ experience in a business analysis type role with increasing levels of responsibility; background in custom website development preferred
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies required (Agile and Waterfall)
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio); MS Project preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration or equivalent preferred
- Certifications/designations in business analysis, CSM, CPO preferred
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance industry practices preferred
We've got you covered
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized