Come join H&R Block’s Corporate Systems HCM Team as a Senior Business Analyst. We are currently replacing our PeopleSoft HR system and implementing Oracle HCM Cloud. Our planned go live date is June 2018. Once deployed, you will become part of the HR IT support organization for this application and continue to play key roles on other large initiatives in HR.
ESSENTIAL HCM DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for evaluating product release updates, testing, coordinating deployments
- Advise HR Business partners on new system functionality and best practices
- Develop process flows, system flows, and data models using modeling and process tools.
- Lead small to medium scope projects, facilitate in requirements and design sessions
- Provide input on processes, procedures, or new approaches
- Present problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
- Configure and prototype system functionality
- Maintain security
- Create/Maintain OTBI and BI Publisher reports
- Develop test plans and conduct QA activities.
- Conduct training.
- Maintain integrations
- Troubleshooting and issue resolution
- Support and lead other HCM technology initiatives.
- Update management on project/activity status
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business management, systems development or related area or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five to seven years experience as a business analyst and/or project manager in an information technology environment.
- Recognized as a SME in systems supported.
- Experience in data and process modeling of business requirements and use of process modeling tools.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
- Exposure to client/server and/or web development.
- Technical expertise in database design.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Effective time management and organization skills with the ability to successfully handle multiple large projects.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Subject Matter expertise in the some of the following areas- Hiring/On-boarding, Core HR, Payroll, Benefits, Compensation.
- Experience migrating from on premise HCM applications (Benefits, Payroll, Core HR, Compensation, Talent) to a Cloud solution is preferred but not required.
- Data conversion experience is a plus.