Key Job Accountabilities
1. Independently resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of the assigned Lines of Business, by applying advanced operational knowledge and process methodologies to the design of processes, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions, developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created.
2. Elicit requirements using interviews, document and data analysis, business process descriptions and business/task/work flow analysis, working independently with users to define concepts, challenging business users on their assumptions of how they willsuccessfully execute operational plans; Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract high level understanding, and distinguish/extract true user needs from user requests. Collaborate with GWO and GWWRT partners and SME's to establish the future state process and technical vision and analyze trade-offs between processes and applications and their usability, performance and risk. Optimize design for control and efficiency.
3. Provide business support to all units globally, including new and existing products, user training, assisting with designing and implementing new processes/systems/models/structures.
4. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Skills, Experiences, and Functional Competencies
- Must be a strong leader with excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills in order to build consensus and obtain co-operation from both users and senior management. These skills, along with the incumbent's excellent time management and organizational skills will allow the incumbent to successfully engage in multiple multi-disciplinary projects simultaneously
- Strong process improvement skills along with in-depth experience delivering process and technology solutions in operational environments
- Advanced knowledge of many financial markets and financial instruments, ranging from derivative products to foreign exchange, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, performance measurement, current and anticipated regulatory requirement, Back Office processes, and the end-to-end work-flows among the Front, Middle, and Back Offices
- Very good understanding of current operational, technology and data management practices, systems/process development techniques, real-time analytical and formal modelling tools, and currency with rapidly changing technology to effectively workwith our GWWRT partners to apply technology to the solution of a business problem. This knowledge must also be applied toassist the group in establishing future technological directions for the division.
- Must be a creative, self starter, detail-oriented, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional
- Working knowledge of capital markets and their Regulations, and strong Project Management skills
Essential skills include:
- Excellent leadership skills to direct large groups at varying levels towards common objective
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented and forward thinking
- Solid understanding of change process and related processes and systems/ technology
- Strong decision making skills to resolve conflicts arising over a wide range of activities
- Conceptual thinking skills to achieve department objectives
- Effective communication, negotiation, and diplomacy skills to address issues that range from QA Testing to Process and Structural reforms and other department staff who have varying degrees of experience and technological knowledge
- Exercising judgment and initiative in the research and development of recommendations
A combination of capital markets operations, process improvement, technology, financial experience and a University level education will be valued highly; the candidate should have more than 4-5 years of practical experience along with a proven track record of success.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto