The Novelis North America Product Management Team is looking for a Senior Business Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Product Management for the North American Automotive Value Stream (VS), the Senior Business Analyst is responsible for increasing profitability through pricing and improved costs-to-serve and aligning new product development to market needs. The role is responsible for providing strategic direction on offer development and asset loading working with the regional and global Automotive commercial teams.
The role will support a product management function that will serve as a Center of excellence for pricing, bid and margin management.
At Novelis, our people are our greatest asset. We embrace our diversity to see real world problems through various lenses, and make break-through technology possible. Our family oriented atmosphere encourages and enables employees and their families to give back to their communities through volunteering and working with non-profit partners and local schools towards making communities safer, supporting Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) education initiatives and growing recycling by consumers. We operate in a strong encouraging environment with opportunities to be a part of our employee mentorship programs to guide you through your career.
Does this sound like your next opportunity? Apply today!
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Determine, supervise, and drive price leadership position for North American Automotive business that maximizes value by maintaining deal win-loss and value-in-use analysis.
- Lead development of pricing offers to build negotiation advantages for Sales to maximize margins through value pricing on all aluminum-intensive vehicle (AIV) RFQs, including the development and maintenance of all AIV price models.
- Coordinate development of pricing offers for all non-AIV RFQs and BOM MOC opportunities working with the respective Business Analysts
- Lead development of a product productivity & costs-to-serve model with Supply Chain and Finance integrated into the AIV price models to maximize value and cost capture through transactional pricing.
- Support Director in setting and delivering annual pricing and margin performance supporting our EBITDA and Cash Flow objectives.
- Profitably manage growth through defining asset loading plans (regional and inter-regional product translation and supply plans).
- Lead identification of profit improvement opportunities through product simplification.
- Support Director on key product management decisions and serves as primary back-up.
- 5+ years of work experience with business analysis, strategy or operations
- Excellent business partnering skills required - ability to interact and connect with individuals in various functional areas and various levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal and project management skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment
- Manufacturing industry experience a plus
- High degree of proficiency in Financial Modeling, Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail-oriented, self-starter who is outspoken, focused and flexible
- Ability to positively handle change in response to shifting demands, as well as multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- Creative and innovative teammate with a positive approach and a focus on business issues
- Willingness to seek additional projects and multi-task with changing priorities, as necessary
- Proven track record to meet tight deadlines with emphasis on sustained accuracy and attention to detail